TS to FCP- The best solution to working TS files in FCP

Put problems with the Android NDK in this forum.

TS to FCP- The best solution to working TS files in FCP

Postby jacknjchn » Wed Nov 06, 2013 7:30 am

Summary: Here is the step by step guide on how to easily convert TS files to Final Cut Pro most compatible format Apple ProRes with great output quality for easy editing work.

What is TS?

TS is short for Transport Stream. TS files are MPEG-2 video files and it is a standard format for transmission and storage of audio, video, and data, and is used in broadcast systems such as DVB and ATSC.

How to import TS files to FCP?

Import TS files to Final Cut Pro for editing from your many TS files? But at this time, you are into a predicament that you can't import ts video into FCP directly. TS files are MPEG-2 video files and recordings of television broadcasts in high definition. FCP is part of life which most familiar for Mac users, but it is not compatible for TS files.

How to solve this problem easily? Brorsoft Video Converter for Mac, as a professional TS to FCP Converter, is your best helper. With this converter you can convert ts files into ProRes .mov for Final Cut Pro(X), FCP 6/7 with least quality loss. Download it and follow the tutorial below showing the detailed steps on how to encode TS files.

Step 1: Add files- Press “Add File” button to locate and open your TS files and then import to the Mac TS converter. You can also directly drag ts files to program.

Step 2: Select output format- Click on “Format” drop-down list, you could easily choose Final Cut Pro, Final Cut Pro >> Apple ProRes 422 as the target format.

Step 3: Advanced Settings- You can adjust video/audio parameters such as bitrate, sample rate, frame rate, codec, channels, etc after clicking on “Settings” icon.

Step 4: Convert TS to FCP- Press “Convert” button to start the TS conversion on Mac. It will be finished with high output quality and fast converting speed.

After the conversion is done, locate the converted file in the folder you specified and go ahead to import to Final Cut Pro 6/7/X to enjoy your work now.

Additional Tips: If you want to edit TS files in iMovie, please select iMovie and Final Cut Express" > "Apple InterMediate Codec(AIC) (*.mov) as output format with this top TS File Converter for Mac.

See more tips and tricks:

How to import TiVo TV shows to Final Cut Pro/iMovie
How to import VOB files into Final Cut Pro X
Convert MVI to AVI, WMV, FLV, MOV, DVD
Can U add or transfer AVI/VOB/WMV to iPhone 5S/5C MP4 format
Can U Make AVI file Playable on Kindle Fire HDX
Best method to import without quality loss
Source:The best solution to working TS files in FCP
jacknjchn
Master Developer
Master Developer

Re: TS to FCP- The best solution to working TS files in FCP

Postby lydia622520 » Fri Nov 08, 2013 3:26 am

Summary: How to use MKV files in Adobe Premiere Pro? There’s no native way to do this— and I’ll give an alternative method to import MKV to Premiere Pro for editing without any loss.

I normally receive my stuff in a format I can stick on Adobe Premiere Pro. MKV's are not compatible. What I want to do with the current project is take the MKV I have and convert it for use with Adobe Premiere Pro. And what I need is a MKV converter I know.

After multiple testing, I found the best and easiest way to import MKV files into Premiere Pro along with the help from Brorsoft Video Converter.

Overall, it’s the optimal MKV converter for you, which can help you decode the MKV files when converting into a different, and ideally more edit friendly, compression format like MPEG-2. So you can edit MKV footage with Adobe Premiere Pro smoothly. Besides MKV, this video convert program can also help to convert between any popular video and audio formats as you need. Plus, with the built-in video editing feature of the program, you can trim, crop, add watermark and more to your video files. If you are running on Mac, please turn to its equivalent Mac version MKV Video Converter for Mac.

How to Convert MKV to Premiere Pro editable format

Step 1: Add MKV files

After downloading, install and launch the MKV file Converter; click “Add Video” and load your video files into it.

Tip: This program supports batch conversion to automatically convert multiple mkv files one by one. And it also supports joining several MKV videos into a single one.

Step 2. Select the output format

Click the format bar or the pull down menu of “Format” to select output format-Adobe Premiere/Sony Vegas > MPEG-2 (*.mpg) for Premiere editing easily.

Step 3: Specify the Settings

To get the best video quality and sound effect, you are allowed to easily adjust video/audio parameters such as bitrate, sample rate, frame rate, codec, channels, etc after clicking on "Settings".

Tip: Meanwhile, you could edit MKV videos by using some editing functions of this professional MKV to Premiere Pro Converter, like cropping, trimming, watermarking, subtitles and more.

Step 4: Start conversion

Click the "Convert" button to start the MKV to MPG conversion. When the conversion is finished, you can click "Open" button to get the generated MPG files effortlessly. Launch Premiere Pro on your PC, choose "File > Import to import converted MKV files in Adobe Premiere Pro CS4/CS5/CS6 for further editing.

Related posts:
The best solution to working TS files in FCP
Solve Canon XA25 importing issues with iMovie
How to import TiVo TV shows to Final Cut Pro
Edit Canon AVCHD MTS with FCP, iMovie, FCE
Source:Best method to import without quality loss
Make Sony NX5U AVCHD compatible with Mac Editing Softwares
Can U add or transfer AVI/VOB/WMV to iPhone 5S/5C MP4 format
lydia622520
Master Developer
Master Developer

Return to NDK Problems