Transfer/Copy/Add AVI(XviD, DivX) files to MS Surface Pro

Put problems with the Android NDK in this forum.

Transfer/Copy/Add AVI(XviD, DivX) files to MS Surface Pro

Postby lydia622520 » Tue Feb 19, 2013 7:37 am

Microsoft Surface Windows 8 Pro:

What's hot: Classy and good looking, great build and materials, fast, clean Windows 8 Pro install, comes with digital pen, 1080p display, wildly portable for a Core i5 machine.

What's not: A little heavy for a tablet, a bit small for a laptop; but a valiant attempt at marrying the two. Battery life passable but not laudable.

"Windows 8 users, especially those with a Surface Pro. How to make full of use it? Aside from reading books, browsing the web, watching HD movies on Surface Pro is also a wise choice. Well , I have lots of AVI(XviD, DivX) video files, but my Surface Pro tablet can not help me to playback it directly. Is there an Windows Pro app capable of playing .avi video files on Surface tablet with Windows 8 Pro?"

After googling , I found that there is no such app that supports doing that on Surface Pro since now. But, I can convert AVI files into Widows Pro supported media file using a third-party video app which called Brorsoft AVI to Microsoft Surface Pro Converter. With it, I can swiftly convert .avi files in different video codecs like XviD, DivX to .mp4 files that Surface Pro can read on my computer, and then transfer it to the Surface tablet .

Do you want to watch AVI movies on Surface with Windows 8 Pro? OK, following comes the full guide now, keep reading...
Guide on playing AVI(XviD, DivX) movies on Microsoft Surface with Windows 8 Pro

Step 1: Download, install and run the Surface Pro AVI to MP4 Converter to import your AVI files for converting.

Step 2: Tap the Format box and from its dropdown menu, click and select Windows > Microsoft Surface Windows RT/Pro H.264 Video (*.mp4) as the output format.

Step 3: Before start the conversion, you can choose to merge several .avi clips into one file via checking the “Merge into one” box. Hit the Convert button; let the video app helps you to convert AVI(XviD/DivX) to Surface Pro Windows 8 immediately.
When the conversion task shows in 100%, you can get the resulted MP4 video via clicking the Open button. Now, adding AVI video files to Microsoft Surface Windows Pro for enjoyment at ease.

Tip:
If you have MKV, FLV, 3GP, MPG, TiVo, MTS, VOB files to Microsoft Surface Pro, this video converter for Surface Pro can still help you to make it. Learn more about it, please link to Brorsoft Video Converter.

Related guides:
Compress 1080p large movies to Microsoft Surface Pro Windows 8
Rip off and transfer DVDs to Microsoft Surface for Windows 8 Pro
Get Microsoft Surface with Windows 8 Pro hands-on reviews, specs and tips
Viewing 1080p/720p MKV movie files on Surface with Windows 8 Pro
Top tablets compared: which tablet is best for you?
Blackberry Z10 VS iPhone 5 VS Nexus 4 VS Nokia Lumia 920 W8P
Watching/Viewing AVI(XviD, DivX) movies on Surface Pro/RT
lydia622520
Master Developer
Master Developer

Return to NDK Problems