Summary: If you are facing problems with Sony PWM-EX1R MP4 footage while importing to Sony Vegas Pro 11/12, you can follow this article to find the solution and solve it in a fast way.
Sony PMW-EX1R is the direct successor to Sony's first entry into memory recording – the PMW-EX1. It can produces truly exceptional images in 1080p, 720p and 1080i HD for videographers. And what we will talk about in this page is the Sony PMW-EX1R Footage Issues with FCP X and will offer the fast solution. If you are facing the problems likewise, read on to get the tips and tricks.
If you often use Sony PMW-EX1R to record 1080p video, you may probabaly have the need to edit the generated XDCAM EX MP4 files in Final Cut Pro on Mac. While, it’s a common sense that FCP including Final Cut Pro X cannot natively support the raw XDCAM MP4 video, the best supported video format for FCP is Apple ProRes 422.
The best method to solve this problem is to convert Sony XDCAM EX MP4 to ProResfor for editing in Final Cut Pro 6/7 and FCP X. You can follow the steps below to complete your task. First of all, get Brorsoft Video Converter for Mac. It will help you convert Sony XDCAM .mp4 files (from Sony XDCAM EX camcorders like PMW-EX1R, PMW-EX3, PMW-200, PMW-EX1, PMW 150) to ProRes for FCP on Mac at fast speed without quality loss and more import and output formats are also supported.
[How-To] Transfer the raw Sony XDCAM EX footage in MP4 to Final Cut Pro
Source:Sony PMW-EX1R Footage Import Issues with FCP X
1. Download, Install and launch this XDCAM EX to ProRes Converter. Then, import Sony EX1R XDCAM EX MP4 footages to the converter.
2. Click format bar to choose the output format. Click and choose Final Cut Pro -> Apple ProRes 422 (*.mov).
3. You can click "settings" to customize the output parameters, adjust the resolution, bitrate as you want.
4. Click convert button to start transcoding Sony XDCAM EX MP4 to ProRes for FCP on Mac.
After conversion, you can import Sony PMW-EX1R .mp4 video files into Final Cut Pro(X) without any trouble.
1. If you are also a FCP X user, before you try to do the conversion, don't forget to make sure that you have installed the Apple ProRes Codec manually since the FCP X asks users to install it by themselves.
2. If you want to edit PMW-EX media in iMovie, you just need to choose the "iMovie and Final Cut Express -> Apple InterMediate Codec (AIC) (*.mov)" in the second step.
More Topics for you:
How to open Sony XDCAM EX MP4 clips in Aperture 3 on Mac
Converting Sony XDCAM footage to QuickTime MOV
How to import Sony XDCAM MXF/IMX files in Final Cut Pro
How to Import media files from Sony EX3 to Final Cut Pro X
How to ingest Sony XDCAM HD422 Media to Avid MC
How to import Canon XF300 MXF footage to Final Cut Pro X
Solution to Adobe Premiere Pro CS6 no audios from M2TS files
Getting HD movies from Sony NEX-5/5N to iMovie
How Can I Convert Sony PMW-200 MXF to FCP, iMovie, Avid, Premiere
Convert Sony EX1/EX3 MP4 clips to DNxHD for Avid MC