Summary: Learn how to import Olympus E-P3 AVCHD MTS to iMovie 8/9/11 on Mac- first you need to encode Olympus E-P3 AVCHD to Mac Compatible codec for iMovie, here I recommend you convert AVCHD to AIC. mov Codec.
This is the third PEN camera I have had; I started with the E-PL1, upgraded to the E-PL2, and finally the E-P3. I never thought I would want to spend this much for a small camera but I finally realized that I really prefer these over larger dslrs, which, I ended up selling mine. The E-P3 is built very well, has excellent image quality, and is very responsive. Overall I have been very pleased with the E-P3. The only issue I’m facing is the Olympus E-P3 and iMovie compatibility.
The Olympus E-P3 supports 1080/60i HD AVCHD or AVI Movie Capture and I shot in AVCHD format most of the time. While, I found it’s hard to transfer the AVCHD video to iMovie on my iMac until I got the Brorsoft Mac AVCHD to iMovie Converter that one of my friend recommend to me. In fact, there's a few software that can convert AVCHD to iMovie compatible AIC codec, but this MTS converter for Mac from Brorsoft can make it better! This software has presetted formats for iMovie AIC .mov output as well ProRes for FCP, DNxHD for Avid, MPEG-2 for Adobe and more. Plus, I have tried a couple converters in the past and noticed a great deal of artifact and quality loss. I expect and demand the files to look as good as from the original files. This MTS converter makes it. The clips are converted without any quality loss.
[How-to]Trandcode Olympus E-P3 AVCHD to AIC MOV for iMovie 9/10/11
1. Download and install Brorsoft MTS/M2TS Converter for Mac and run it to import Olympus recorded AVCHD MTS files to the converter.
2. Click format column to choose format for output.[ You are recommended to choose iMovie/Final Cut Express -> Apple Intermediate Codec(AIC) (*.mov), it’s best to use in iMovie on Mac.
3. Click convert button to start converting Olympus E-P3 AVCHD to iMovie with AIC codec on Mac OS X.
1. Edit function is available in this Olympus E-P3 AVCHD files to AIC converter, you can deinterlace, trim, crop, adjust effect or add watermark to the video before conversion.
2. If you are the Canon, Sony or Panasonic users, you can go to the Full HD camcorder column to get the tips and tricks you need.
Fast solve Sony PMW-320 MXF and FCP incompatible issues
Transcode Sony PMW-320 MXF to AIC MOV for iMovie
How to transfer and add avi files to Asus Transformer Prime/Infinity TF700
Samsung Galaxy S4 vs. HTC One, Xperia Z and Optimus G Pro
Transcoding Canon C300 MXF to Apple ProRes 422 for FCP 6/7
Source: How to edit Olympus E-P3 in iMovie 8/9/11 smoothly
Converting Sony CX760V 60p AVCHD to AIC .mov for iMovie