Amazon Kindle Fire HD comes in two flavors, 7-inch and 8.9-inch, and they will retail for $199 and $299, respectively, with the former shipping from September 14th onwards while the latter will see a November 20th release date.On paper, the specifications and pricing look awesome, the processor is powerful enough and runs a decent GPU for gaming purposes. As for the display size and resolution, they are great, with a thin form factor (8.8 mm for the 8.9-inch) and weight (20 ounces for the 8.9-inch) that make it more comfortable to carry than the iPad.
Displays: 8.9-inch IPS display with 1920×800 (254 PPI) and 7-inch IPS display with 1280×800
Dimensions (7-inch): 7.6″ x 5.4″ x 0.4″ (193 mm x 137 mm x 10.3 mm) – 13.9 ounces (395 grams)
Dimensions (8.9-inch): 9.4″ x 6.4″ x 0.35″ (240 mm x 164 mm x 8.8 mm) – 20 ounces (567 grams)
Processor (7-inch): 1.2GHz OMAP4460 processor with Imagination PowerVR GPU
Processor (8.9-inch): 1.5GHz OMAP4470 processor with Imagination PowerVR GPU
Storage: 16GB or 32GB of internal memory
Ports: Micro USB 2.0 connector, micro HDMI, 3.5 mm stereo jack
Battery life (provided by Amazon): 11 hours for the Kindle Fire HD 7-inch
Camera: HD front camera
However, for newbies of Kindle Fire HD, we will definitely meet some problems while transferring videos, pictures, music to Kindle Fire HD from PC.So today in this article I'd like to share the easiest solution with you. See the following pages.
1. Connect Kindle Fire HD to your PC via USB.
2. Once you've connected your Kindle Fire HD to a computer with a USB cable (sold separately), your Kindle Fire HD will appear in the same location as external USB drives usually appear. For Windows users, this is typically in the "Computer" or "My Computer" menu.
3. Open the Kindle drive; you will see several folders inside. You may need to unlock your Kindle Fire HD before it can be opened on your computer.
4. Locate the downloaded file and drag and drop it into the applicable content folder, such as Video, Music, or Pictures.
5. Safely eject your Kindle Fire HD from your computer and unplug the USB cable.
Your content will appear within the corresponding content library on your device:
●Books will appear in the Books library.
●Personal documents will appear in the Docs library.
●Music will appear in the Music library.
●Pictures will appear in the Gallery app.
●Videos will appear in the Gallery app. Note that videos transferred via USB will only be available in the Gallery app. Only videos from the Amazon Video store are shown in the Video library.
If your music, video files are not Kindle Fire HD supported file type (Kindle Fire HD video format is limited to MP4, 3GP, VP8), for example, hd videos like MKV, WMV, AVI, FLV, MTS, M2TS, MOV, MPEG, MPG, MOD, TiVo, VOB, etc, perhaps you need to reformat these files first. I suggest you to try Brorsoft Kindle Fire HD Video Converter to batch convert videos in various formats up to 1080p to the Fire HD playable format (e.g. MP4).
1. This top Kindle Fire HD Video Converter can also work as a powerful video editor for trimming, cropping, adding watermark, etc. Get full info from Brorsoft Video Converter.
2. If you have the intention to transfer Blu-ray, DVD movies as well as your personal HD video files to Kindle Fire HD, you’d better get the best all-in-one video convert tool Brorsoft Blu-ray Video Converter Ultimate to have fastest and most effective conversion.
Get Kindle Fire HD full reviews and movie playback tips
Nexus 7 Tablet Tech Specs & Videos Playback Tips
Galaxy Note 10.1 Main Specs and Video Playback Tips
Watch TiVo TV shows on Kindle Fire
Transfer 1080P HD video to Amazon Kindle Fire
Rip and put DVD movies to Kindle Fire HD with best settings