Mac Convert Canon XF105 MXF files to play with QuickTime
Summary: To play Canon XF105 MXF files with QuickTime on Mac, and the most useful methods is converting Canon XF105 MXF to QuickTime MOV which is supported by most Mac program.
Canon XF105 HD Professional Camcorder adopts the latest HD technology and Canon's robust MPEG-2 4:2:2 codec, thus it records full HD video to affordable Compact Flash(CF) cards, making it as versatile as it is powerful. It is such an amazingly compact, fully featured pro video camera that takes nearly all the features and functionality of the 3-chip XF305. A newly developed Genuine Canon 10x HD video lens resolves images onto a native 1920 x 1080 CMOS sensor, which wraps in industry-standard MXF file using your choice of bit rate (up to 50Mbps), resolution, and frame rate.
This MXF format is good to record videos but hard to use due to its compatibility with NLE systems. QuickTime is used by most of Mac users, it's really a good movie player. But it is not so good for Canon owners, because QuickTime doesn't accept MXF files. However we cannot give up such a wonderful movie player just for that. There are many other ways to play Canon XF105 MXF files with QuickTime on Mac, and one of the most useful methods is converting Canon XF105 MXF to QuickTime MOV. MOV is a format used widely, and it supported by most Mac program.
Then the question is what Mac Canon MXF converter we should use. Here I suppose you to use professional a MXF to MOV Converter on Mac, it is just designed to convert Canon XF105 MXF files to MOV so that people can enjoy their Canon files with QuickTime on Mac. This is top mxf video converter in the market, which is very easy to use and the time cost of converting MXF to MOV is very short. The most important reason we choose it is that it can preserve the original video quality perfectly. After transcoding MXF to QuickTime, you can enjoy your videos on Mac freely. Now just follow the guide to transcode Panasonic P2 MXF to QuickTime MOV format.
1. Download, install and launch Pavtube MXF Converter for Mac.
Once launched the program, click "Add Video" button to load your source XF105 MXF clips. You are allowed to add multiple files to convert at a time.
2. Select QuickTime (*.mov) as output format.
Click on the dropdown menu of "Format" and select QuickTime mov as target format. This format is specially designed for QuickTime, so you can turn your XF105 MXF clips into playable footage.
3. Adjust video and audio parameters.
If the default A/V settings can not fit your needs, you can click "Settings" button to custom the output video and audio settings by yourself. But if you are not good at it, you'd better use the default parameters, they will ensure you a good balance between file size and image quality basically.
4. Click convert button to start the Canon XF105 MXF to QuickTime conversion.
You can easily convert XF105 MXF to QuickTime MOV format. After conversion, you can use MXF files from Canon XF105 with QuickTime Player on Mac as you want.
1. If your MXF files have 2 audio tracks or more, here is a new program specially designed for multi-track preserving and mixing features, named iMixMXF. Featured formats include: MOV/MP4/MPG/WMV/FLV/MKV and more.
2. If you want to convert more different file formats, go to Pavtube iMedia Converter for Mac (Buy now with 20% discount!) – an easy-to-use and all-in-one video and audio converter software. It is good at converting various video formats to other format you need, at the same time, ripping and converting latest DVD and Blu-ray disc is also an important function. In a word, it can help you to deal with both various videos and backup DVDs/Blu-ray discs on Mac. Have a try!
MXF Related articles:
Transfer Caonon C300 MXF to FCP/QuickTime
Edit Canon XF100 MXF files in iMovie/FCE
Import Canon XF300/XF305 MXF to iMovie
Canon XF105 Compatible with FCP? Edit Canon XF105 MXF in FCP
Convert Canon XF300 MXF to ProRes for FCP/Premiere Pro
Canon XF MXF files works ok with After Effects CS6
Solve Canon C300 MXF to Adobe Premiere Pro CS6 issue
Convert Canon C500 MXF to multi-track MOV for Avid Media Composer
Transcode Canon C500 MXF to Apple Aperture 3
Source: How to convert Canon XF105 mxf to QuickTime mov on Mac