Ingest Canon EOS-1D C 1080p H.264 MOV video files to FCP(x)

Put problems with the Android NDK in this forum.

Ingest Canon EOS-1D C 1080p H.264 MOV video files to FCP(x)

Postby lydia622520 » Tue Nov 06, 2012 9:20 am

Canon announced the EOS-1D C - a digital SLR camera targeting the motion picture, television and high-resolution production industries. The highlight? It supports in-camera 4K (4,096 x 2,160) video recording with 4:2:2 colour sampling. This 4K video is recorded using 8-bit Motion JPEG compression at 24p, and Full HD (1920 x 1080) video capture is available at frame rates up to 1080/60p.

I am a mac user , and I like editing video files shot by HD camcorders in Final Cut Pro. FCP is a powerful video editing software, it provides non-linear, non-destructive editing of any QuickTime compatible video format including DV, HDV, P2 MXF (DVCProHD), XDCAM, 2K, film formats. However , it doesn't allow us to import the Canon EOS 1D C H.264 MOV files if we want to edit Canon EOS-1D C recording 1080P video on FCP as it can't support Canon EOS-1D C H.264 MOV footages well.

Since the most compatible video codec with FCP is Apple ProRes 422(*.mov) , so we need to use a practical Mac MOV to FCP converter to convert Canon EOS 1D-C 60p/50p H.264 MOV to Apple ProRes ,then these Full HD MOV files supported by FCP will be easily achieved.

So, How to Transcode Canon EOS-1D C 1080p MOV to ProRes for FCP (X)?
First:
The preparation you need to do is that to find a best MOV to FCP converter for mac.

Second:
Step by step for you to convert Canon EOS-1D C MOV to FCP compatible format.

Step 1:Download and install the best MOV converter for mac. Load MOV files in Canon EOS-1D C to the converter by clicking"Add" button on the top of the bar. You also can imput several files one by one which will be listed in the box together.

Step 2:You can see the format box on the first-class Canon EOS-1D C MOV Converter for Mac. Pls choose Apple ProRes 422(*.mov) or Apple ProRes 422 (LT)(*.mov) as the output format. If you perfer smaller size of the output file, you are adviced to choose Apple ProRes 422 (LT)(*.mov) as the output format.

Step 3: Click "Settings" on the main interface, you will see some parameters of your output file including video bitrate, video size, audio bitrate and so on. You can adjust them as you like.
Tip: For 1080/60p recordings, 1920*1080 as video size, 30fps as video bitrate and pcm-s16le as audio codec are the most suitable settings. If you are in PAL(50p) area, you are recommended 25fps as video bitrate.

Step 4: If you have finshed setting the parametes. You should click "OK" to return back to start the EOS-1D C HD MOV to ProRes for Final Cut Pro conversion.
Tip: Before you start conversion, you can click the" Edit" button (on the top of the main interface) to use "crop","trim", "water mark ".etc functions for editing your video.

When conversion finished, you can get your converted video on your computer for FCP editing. Click "Open" button on the main interface to find it.

Last
The last step you need to do is to imput the created file from Canon EOS-1D C MOV Converter to FCP.

Related guides:
Import Canon XF300 1080i MXF Files to FCP 7 without XF Plug-ins
Transcode/Convert Canon XF100 1080p MXF files to AIC for iMovie
Import Canon Vixia HF S10 AVCHD to Adobe Premiere Pro on Mac
Deinterlace Canon Legria HF M306 1080/50i AVCHD on Mac
Convert Canon EOS Rebel T4i (EOS 650D) H.264 MOV to AIC for iMovie on Mac OS X
Convert/Transcode Canon EOS-1DX H.264 MOV to Apple ProRes for FCP
Coverting Nikon D600 H.264 MOV to FCP 7(X) ProRes 422 For editing Mac
lydia622520
Master Developer
Master Developer

Return to NDK Problems