Import/Edit Sony PMW-EX3 MP4 film in Final Cut Pro smoothly

Put problems with the Android NDK in this forum.

Import/Edit Sony PMW-EX3 MP4 film in Final Cut Pro smoothly

Postby lydia622520 » Fri May 03, 2013 10:20 am

Summary: Facing problems when importing and editing Sony PMW-EX3 XDCAM EX MP4 files in Final Cut Pro? Here you will find the best solution by transcoding Sony PMW-EX3 MP4 files to ProRes 422 for FCP.

"A friend asked me if I can edit some footage shot on Sony PMW-EX3 XDCAM EX HD Camcorder and stored on Sony – SxS-1 G1A 32GB Memory Card. Do i need to download any software, and do I need to convert clips to prores codec? By the way i am using FCP 7."

Sony PMW-EX3 camcorder is professional camcorder which has excellent video quality, it is great for us to take high quality full HD videos.

Final Cut Pro is the most popular video editing software on Mac, What’s the best way to import Sony PMW-EX3 video to Final Cut Pro for editing without problems?

Sony XDCAM EX camcorders usually record MPEG-2 codec MP4 format video, this codec is not good for editing in FCP, and you will encounter importing and codec problems when you try to import Sony PMW-EX3 XDCAM EX videos to Final Cut Pro.

In order to ingest Sony PMW-EX3 MP4 files into FCP for editing smoothly, the easy workaround is to transcode Sony PWM-EX MP4 footage to ProRes 422, which is natively supported by FCP. To get the work done, you can take Brorsoft Video Converter for Mac, which is one the best Sony XDCAM video converter tool for you. The program comes with several optimized format for Final Cut Pro, which enable you to transcode Sony PMW-EX MP4 to ProRes 422, ProRes 422 HQ, or 444 for using in Final Cut Pro directly without any rendering or codec problems. Just download it and follow the tutorial below to convert Sony PMW-EX3 MP4 files to ProRes 422 for editing in FCP smoothly.

Image (Note: Click here for OS X 10.5.8)

How to Transfer Sony PMW-EX3 XDCAM EX HD Camcorder clips to Apple Final Cut Pro

Step 1. Install and launch Sony XDCAM Video Converter to your Mac. and then import Sony PMW-EX3 MP4 footages to the converter.

Tip: Check the “Merge into one” box, you can join several EX3 clips together.

Step 2. Click on "Format", and select output format from the drop-down list. Follow "Final Cut Pro -> Apple ProRes 422 (*.mov).”.

Step 3.] Click "Settings" button if you'd like to customize advanced audio and video parameters like Video Codec, aspect ratio, bit rate, frame rate, Audio codec, sample rate, audio channels.

Step 4. Click convert button to start transcoding PMW-EX3 MP4 files to ProRes 422 mov on Mac.

With this Sony PMW-EX3 to Final Cut Pro converter, you can easily change PMW-EX3 files to FCP for editing, this software runs fast, so you can convert your XDCAM EX footages to FCP in less time, video and audio synchronization are perfectly guaranteed.

See also:
How to import Sony PMW-EX3 media to Windows Movie Maker

Sony PMW-EX3 MP4 Help- Avid Media Composer

Adobe Premire Pro Importing Problems with Sony PMW-350, 350K, 350L

How to import Panasonic DVCPRO P2 projects to Sony Vegas Pro 11

Play DVD ISO/IFO on Samsung Galaxy S4 with preferred subtitles

Source:Convert/Import Sony PMW-EX3 MP4 clips to FCP

Change Panasonic HPX3700 MXF video to FCP 7 ProRes
lydia622520
Master Developer
Master Developer

Return to NDK Problems