How to open AVI files in Sony Vegas Pro 10/11/12

Put problems with the Android NDK in this forum.

How to open AVI files in Sony Vegas Pro 10/11/12

Postby lydia622520 » Tue Oct 22, 2013 10:15 am

Summary: Trouble importing AVI files into Sony Vegas Pro 10/11/12 for smooth editing? Fortunately there is an easy way to fix the issue. Let's find it out here.

Q1: "Hi...I read the manual. I could not find a list of which video file formats Sony Vegas 12 will import. I get a missing codec error when I try to import an AVI file. Will Vegas Pro 12 import AVI files? If not, what is the best file format to convert my AVI files to and not loose any information? I do not care how large my file sizes are, I just want the best video quality. Thanks for the help folks."

Q2: "I have an AVI file, and I want to edit it with VEGAS, but says I cannot open it, because VEGAS need a codec.The file is an AVI, and the codec is xvid. At least, that was the information MEDIAINFO gave me... How may I do VEGAS open it? Would be this the codec I need?"

A lot of users want to import their AVI videos in Sony Vegas for editing. However, most of them encounter the importing problem while trying to
transfer the AVI files in Sony Vegas directly if you search the problem on Google. Some of them can import the AVI video in Sony Vegas, but finally they just got a video without audio, the others even can not import the AVI videos to Sony Vegas with error problem. As we all know, there are many codec for AVI format videos. So although Sony Vegas Official website announced that it can support AVI videos smoothly, then users still met the problem while trying to open the AVI videos in Sony Vegas owing to the codec problem.

Then how can we get rid of this problem? The easiest and fastest way to solve this problem is to transcode AVI videos to MPEG, the most compatible video format for Sony Vegas.

Here, Brorsoft AVI to Sony Vegas Converter is highly recommended to you which allows the users to convert virous common videos such as MOV, MP4, MTS, MXF besides AVI video files from camcorder or internet to WMV, MPG etc Vegas supported formats with fast speed and best quality.

Free Download AVI Converter for Vegas Pro:

How to Import AVI files to Sony Vegas Pro for editing

Step 1: Load original AVI videos

Import AVI files you backed up on your computer to the Converter by clicking the”Add” button. Or just drag the video folder to the software. The software will recognize the AVI videos automatically.

Step 2: Select output format

Click the format bar or the pull down menu of “Format” to select output format.
For Sony Vegas, then Adobe Premiere/Sony Vegas > MPEG-2 (*.mpg) is the compatible video format for the users to choose.

Step 3: Start Conversion

Tap the Conversion button on the main interface to start transcoding AVI to Sony Vegas.

Tip:
Adjust the video and audio parameters as the below screenshot, including the Bitrate of Video&Audio, Video Size, Sample Rate, Frame Rate, Audio Channels, etc., by clicking the Settings button on the main interface for getting the best quality before starting conversion .

Once the conversion finished, tap the “Open” button on the main interface to get the converted videos. Now, you can import the AVI videos to Sony Vegas for editing easily.

Related Guides:
How to import AVI videos in Adobe Premiere
Hoe to edit AVI videos in Avid Media Composer
AVI to MOV: How to Convert AVI to QuickTime MOV on Mac
Why can't i install codes for AVI on my mac iMovie 11
Edit MP4 files with iMovie program on Mac OS X
Enable VOB files to work within Final Cut Pro X
Source:How to open AVI files in Sony Vegas Pro 10/11/12
lydia622520
Master Developer
Master Developer

Re: How to open AVI files in Sony Vegas Pro 10/11/12

Postby jacknjchn » Thu Oct 24, 2013 7:03 am

[size="4"]The guide shows you how to convert AVI video files to Sony Vegas Pro supported video formats with an intuitive Mac AVI to Vegas Pro converter.[/size]

When you import AVI to Sony Vegas, you may come across lots of problems, such as nothing shows up on the screen, or there is only image or you only get sound in Sony Vegas Pro. Although AVI is listed as one of the supported formats by Sony Vegas Pro.Well, the problem is mainly due to that Windows didn't come with the codecs that were used for those particular .AVI files(AVI is just a wrapper for a large variety of codecs.)... That’s why Sony Vegas Pro won't open it. So in order to edit AVI videos in Sony Vegas, you need to convert AVI videos to Vegas Pro compatible format first before transferring the files to Sony Vegas.

Fortunately, there is an easy way to fix the issue. To get the work done, you simply need an AVI video converter to convert AVI to Sony Vegas-friendly format. Here is a step-by-step guide to covnert and import AVI videos to Vegas Pro(ImageWindows XP/Vista/7/Windows 8 included).

Now get the tool and add AVI video files to Sony Vegas effortlessly. If you want to convert AVI on Vegas Pro on Windows, please turn to Brorsoft Video Converter.

Download the AVI to Sony Vegas Converter:

[size="5"]How to convert AVI format to Sony Vegas Pro( Vegas Pro 10/11/12)[/size]

Step 1. Add AVI files

Run the best AVI to Sony Vegas Converter, and click the "Add" button to load .avi videos. If you want to merge multiple clips just need to check the “Merge into one” box.

Step 2. Set Sony Vegas supported format

Click "Format" bar to determine output format. Follow "Adobe Premiere/Sony Vegas" and select “MPEG-2(*.mpg)” as the output format. Besides, you can also choose WMV (VC-1) (*.wmv) if you want to get a relatively smaller output file.

Step 3. Video/Audio quality settings

Adjust video and audio parameters, including the Bitrate of Video and Audio, the Codec of Video and Audio, Video Size, Sample Rate, Frame Rate, Audio Channels, etc., in the Profile Settings.

Step 4. Convert AVI to Sony Vegas Pro format

Click "Convert" button to finish the AVI to MPG for Vegas format conversion.

Once the conversion completes, you can click "Open" button to get the output files effortlessly. Now you have got it right, just to import and edit kinds of AVI files within Sony Vegas Pro 8/9/10/11/12 at ease.

More Topics:
Transcoding MXF files to AVI/MOV/WMV/M4V/MPEG/FLV
Convert HD MTS file to MP4, M4V, MOV, WMV, MPEG, AVI, FLV
Watch and Play .mov/.qt files on Samsung Galaxy Tab 3
Edit Canon XA10 AVCHD MTS with FCP, iMovie, FCE
Edit MP4 files with iMovie program on Mac OS X
Enable VOB files to work within Final Cut Pro X
Source From:How to Convert and Import AVI to Sony Vegas Pro( Vegas Pro 10/11/12)
jacknjchn
Master Developer
Master Developer

Return to NDK Problems