Easy way to transfer Panasonic AG-AC90 MTS clips to FCP 7

Put problems with the Android NDK in this forum.

Easy way to transfer Panasonic AG-AC90 MTS clips to FCP 7

Postby jacknjchn » Wed Feb 06, 2013 7:58 am

The AC90 is Panasonic's newest (as of 11/2012) professional camcorder, at a relative bargain-basement price of $2,295 (MSRP, street price is around $1,995). Initially I thought it was intended to be a replacement for the AG-HMC40, Panasonic Broadcast's tiny professional camcorder, but after working with it for a few weeks it became quite obvious that no, the AC90 is not intended to replace the HMC40, the HMC40's tiny size leaves it with a unique position in the lineup. Physically the AC90 is a lot bigger than the HMC40, although it is also notably smaller than the other members of the “AC” lineup, the AC-130 and AC-160. It's smaller, lighter, less expensive, and in some ways easier to use for a one-man production crew than the larger AC cameras

Product Highlights
-Three 1/4.7" Full HD 2.19MP MOS Sensors
-Fixed Lens with f/1.5 and 12x Zoom Ratio
-Native 1920x1080 60p, 60i, 30p and 24p
-Nano Surface Lens Coating Reduces Flare
-Dual SD Memory Card Slots
-Five-Axis OIS Improves Handheld Shooting
-Pixel Shifting Technology
-Intelligent 25x Digital Zoom Function
-AVCCAM HD Recording Modes
-Two-Channel XLR Audio Inputs
The Panasonic AG-AC90 camcorder records videos in AVCHD format which is not a editable format for some common editors such as iMovie, Avid, even FCP 7. If you want to further edit these AVCHD files in FCP on mac, you may encounter the problem as the below user.

"I am really struggling to find any information (anywhere) on how to get MTS files working on my Final Cut 7.It is from a new camera I just bought which is called the Panasonic Ag-Ac90.When I try to go to log and transfer, the clip comes up but there are no visuals nor any time duration, and I cant import them."

What should we do while meeting this kind of situation? Well, the best solution is to find a Panasonic AG-AC90 MTS converter to transcode the clips from Panasonic AG-AC90 to Apple ProRes which is the best compatible format for FCP 7.

Preparation: Find a best third party program to convert MTS files from Panasonic AG-AC90 for FCP 7.

The best third party program that many persons use is Brorsoft AVCHD converter that is one of the best and professional converter which can help you to transcode .mts files without quality loss. The following is the steps about converting Panasonic AG-AC90 MTS files to FCP.

Step 1: Install the best Panasonic AC90 AVCHD to FCP converter you have found, then imput the recordings to the program.
Tips: You can imput a number of files to the programs, and if necessary, you can use the function "Merge into one"

Step 2: Choose the best compatible output format--Apple ProRes for FCP 7.

Step 3: Adjust audio and video parameters in Profile Settings. You can change the default codec, bit rate, frame rate, sample rate and audio channel according to your needs and optimize the output file quality.
Tip:Set video size as 1920*1080, video frame rate as 30fps. If the clips are recorded as 50p(PAL), then 25 frame rate is the best choice for you.

Step 4: Click the arrow button on the main interface to start Panasonic AG-AC90 AVCHD converter for editing in FCP 7.

After 100% accomplishment, you just need to click the "Open" button on the main interface to find your converted file. Afterwards, you can edit your Panasonic AG-AC90 recordings in FCP 7 easily and effortlessly.

Related guides:
MTS to AIC Converter - Import Panasonic Lumix GF5 AVCHD to iMovie on Mac
Solve Panasonic HC-X800 60p/50p AVCHD Footages iMovie Importing Problem
Convert/Transcode Panasonic HC-X900 AVCHD 1080p MTS/M2TS files to iMovie on Mac
AVCHD iMovie Converter— Convert/Import AVCHD to iMovie 11 on Mac
Convert Panasonic HC-V700/500 AVCHD 1080p files to AIC for iMovie on Mac OS
Install Canon HF G20 Full HD Video to Avid MC/FCP/FCE/iMovie Mac
How to import Panasonic AG-AC90 AVCHD to FCP
jacknjchn
Master Developer
Master Developer

Return to NDK Problems