Converting TiVo shows to ProRes for Final Cut Pro

Put problems with the Android NDK in this forum.

Converting TiVo shows to ProRes for Final Cut Pro

Postby lydia622520 » Tue Oct 29, 2013 9:07 am

Summary: The easy workaround to get Final Cut Pro X, FCP 6/7 work with Tivo files is to convert TiVo to Apple ProRes codec, which ensures the best results when using in FCP.

Final Cut Pro is a wonderful tool to help us turn home videos into professional eye-catching movies. And it normally can recognize a few file formats like DV, MOV, M4V, MP4 and some AVI files from cams. I got some TiVo recordings, they are either funny shows or useful tutorials. And I want to load them to FCP project, so that I can edit them as my wish. But there is a trouble when importing TiVo videos to Final Cut Pro, is there format not accepted by the program?

Well, after the widely Google searching, I got know FCP does not accept TiVo video recordings, so, if you want to edit TiVo videos in your FCP X/7/6, you need to change TiVo recordings to a FCP compatible format in advance. Here, Apple ProRes is highly recommended. It will ensure the best results when working TiVo with FCP.

To convert TiVo to Final Cut Pro successfully and quickly, an easy-to-use yet efficient tool- Brorsoft Video Converter for Mac is highly recommended. With it, you can easily rewrap TV shows *.tivo to ProRes 422, ProRes 422 HQ or 4444 for using in Final Cut Pro X/7/6. It also provides simple video editing functions for you. Besides, the Mac video converter can convert other common videos like AVI, MKV, VOB; HD videos(MTS, MOV, MXF) from HD camcorders or DVs for editing in Final Cut Pro, Final Cut Pro X, Final Cut Express, iMovie, Avid MC, Adobe Premiere Pro etc. Just download it and follow the tutorial below to convert Tivo to Apple ProRes for FCP X/7.

How to Convert and import TiVo to Final Cut Pro on Mac

Step 1: Launch the TiVo Video Converter; click "Add" button from main menu to browse your computer hard drive and select the TiVo files you want to convert. Or you can easily drag-and-drop files into this application for converting.

Note: Before adding TiVo shows to the video program for converting, you need to click the “Option” button. Switch to “TiVo” tab in Option window, and enter TiVo Media Access Key first.

Step 2: Click the format bar, and move mouse cursor to "Final Cut Pro > Apple ProRes 422 (*.mov)" as output format.

Step 3: Click "Convert" button to start encoding TiVo files to Apple ProRes MOV for Final Cut Pro X or FCP 6/7 under Mac OS X.

Some more helpful features of the TiVo to FCP Converter for Mac

1. Settings- click to set video resolution(1920×1080/1440×1080/1280×720/720×480), bitrate(from 1Mbps to 20Mbps), frame rate (24p/30p)

2. Editor (next to "Add" icon)- click to set deinterlace,, trim, crop, watermark, subtitles, etc.

Once the TiVo to ProRes 422 conversion is done, you can transfer your TiVo recordings into Final Cut Pro for editing smoothly on Mac with ease.

Additional Tips:

If you meet any importing & editing problems with kinds of popular video edit programs like FCP, FCE, iMovie, Adobe Premiere Pro, Avid Media Composer, etc, you can link to Video Editors Tips and Tricks Colum to get the solution.

Related Guides:

Convert TiVo shows to FLV/MKV/MP4/AVI/MPG
How to convert TiVo shows to Android
How to import VOB files into iMovie/FCE
How to Convert/Play VOB files on iPhone 5S/5
How to import Panasonic DMC-ZS3 MTS files into iMovie
How to import video from Sony HDR-PJ380 to FCP X
Source:How to import TiVo TV shows to Final Cut Pro
lydia622520
Master Developer
Master Developer

Return to NDK Problems