Convert/Deinterlace Canon HF R300 1080i MTS for iMovie

Put problems with the Android NDK in this forum.

Convert/Deinterlace Canon HF R300 1080i MTS for iMovie

Postby jacknjchn » Fri Feb 01, 2013 9:10 am

The Canon VIXIA HF R300 Full HD Camcorder is a budget-friendly camera with professional features. It records in 1920 x 1080 high def and features an SD/SDHC/SDXC memory card slot that supports up to 64GB. With this much storage space it's possible to record for several hours. Plus, the camera's Full HD CMOS Sensor and image processor work together to provide stunningly detailed, life-like images that look great on your HDTV.

While we are pleased with the quality of the recordings, some problems occurred. For most Mac users, they like editing AVCHD(MTS/M2TS) videos by using iMovie. But iMovie is not a professional video editing softwre, it is designed to edit MOV videos. So iMovie often doesn't work well with other format. It means that you are likely to meet incompatible troubles if you try to impot Canon VIXIA HF R300 recorded MTS files to iMovie like the below user.

"Hi: I recently purchased a Canon HF-R300 digital camcorder and I am having trouble getting the AVCHD files off the camcorder and onto the Mac. I have sucessfully paired the camcorder with the Mac vis USB. I can import .MPEG4 files from the camcorder into iMovie via the USB. The AVCHD files are not visible/finable through the iMovie import from camera' dialog box - there are no thumbnails for the AVCHD movies."

To successfully get your R300 recordings edited by iMovie, you'd better convert Canon R300 AVCHD/MTS/M2TS to iMovie's best video format AIC. Here is the simple instruction for you to transcode Canon Vixia HF-R300 recordings to iMovie without quality loss. After the fast conversion, you can directly copy the converted file to iMovie for further editing.

Step 1: Install the Brorsoft AVCHD Converter for Mac you have found on your mac. Run it on your Mac and transfer or drag the HD footages to the converter.

Tip: If you want to deinterlace 1080i files, please click Edit and select "deinterlacing" in the Effect.

Step 2: Click "format" bar to choose the compatible output format for iMovie . Click "iMovie and Final Cut Express-Apple InterMediate Codec(AIC)(*.mov)" as the best format for iMovie.
Tip: You can tap the "Browse" button on the main interface to choose the place where you want to save your converted file on your mac.

Step 3: You can click "settings" to customize the output parameters, adjust the resolution, bitrate as you want. Set video size as 1920*1080, video frame rate as 30fps.

Step 4: Click Conversion Arrow button on the main interface to start endcoding Canon Vixia HF-R300 1080i MTS to iMovie on Mac OS X.

Related guides:
Transcode Canon Vixia AVCHD clips to iMovie/FCP/Avid for editing
Importing Canon Vixia HF R20 .mts AVCHD video into Premiere Pro CS5.5 on Mac
Make Canon Vixia HF R20 AVCHD files work with FCP on Mac
Import Canon Vixia HF S10 AVCHD to Adobe Premiere Pro on Mac
Make Canon Vixia HF R20 AVCHD files work with FCP on Mac
jacknjchn
Master Developer
Master Developer

Return to NDK Problems