Sony Alpha NEX-5R delivers excellent photo quality, even in dimmer light, and provides more physical controls than some of its predecessors for a more streamlined shooting design. One of the complaints about Sony NEX cameras is the touchscreen menu system. To combat the issue, the NEX-5R has a new control dial and function button to adjust the camera much like you would find on a DSLR. The camera also boasts a top ISO of 25,600, and can capture AVCHD Progressive videos (1080/60p).
Q:However, while I'm trying to upload videos to my mac from my camera which is obviously the Sony Nex-5R. For whatever reason it won't upload the videos. I connect my camera and the pictures are there but not the videos. So what can I do for this?
A:You can transfer Sony NEX-5R 1080 60p AVCHD video clips to Mac using iMovie.
Step by Step Help:
1. Turn on the camera.
2. Connect the camera to the computer using the supplied USB cable.
3. Set the camera to Mass Storage or USB Mode.
Note: If the iPhoto software automatically starts, close it.
4. Open the iMovie software from the Dock or on the Finder Bar, choose Go and then Applications. iMovie will be listed as an icon in the Applications window.
5. In the iMovie window, click File and then Import from Camera.
6. Choose the method you want to use for importing.
7. Select the location to save the videos.
8. In the Create New Event section, type a name for the videos.
9. Click the OK button.
Note: The videos are copied to the computer. An Import complete dialog box is displayed when the import is finished.
10. In the Import complete dialog box, click the Import button.
Note: The iMovie software does not support AVCHD 60p video. To be able to edit Sony NEX-5R 60p AVCHD in iMovie, we suggest you to set your camcorder to record in AVCHD 60i or AVCHD 24i. If you’ve already recorded videos in 60p, you can transfer the video directly to the hard drive of your Mac, and then burn it to a disc to be viewed on a different computer or television. Also, you can convert AVCHD 60p video to iMovie most compatible format AIC .mov with a piece of software.
Here we recommend you the best AVCHD to iMovie Converter, applying which you can convert Sony NEX-5R 1080 60p AVCHD .MTS videos to iMovie most favorable format AIC .mov without any quality loss. Plus, with this Mac MTS Converter, you can change the 60p frame rate to 30p perfectly fit with iMovie.
1. You can learn the Sony NEX-5R AVCHD clips to iMovie step-by-step conversion guide from Convert Sony Alpha NEX-5R MTS recordings to AIC for iMovie editing.
2. You can also use Final Cut Pro to import your NEX-5R footages for viewing, and editing. Get the Sony NEX-5R to FCP step-by-step conversion guide from Convert Sony NEX-5R AVCHD clips to FCP 7 on Mac for easy editing.
Convert Sony NEX-5R AVCHD clips to FCP 7 on Mac for easy editing
Sony NEX-5R MTS to iMovie-Transfer Sony NEX-5R AVCHD to Mac
Import Sony NEX-FS700 AVCHD footages to Avid Media Composer 6.5 on Mac
Convert Sony NEX-FS700 AVCHD to MPEG-2 for Adobe Premiere Pro on Mac
Convert Sony Alpha NEX-5R MTS recordings to AIC for iMovie editing
Make Sony NEX-6 MTS/M2TS files editable in Avid Media Composer on Mac