Best JVC Converter-Transcode JVC Everio AVCHD MTS for Mac

Put problems with the Android NDK in this forum.

Best JVC Converter-Transcode JVC Everio AVCHD MTS for Mac

Postby jacknjchn » Mon Sep 30, 2013 4:10 am

Summary: The best workaround to make JVC MTS files compatible with Mac is to convert JVC MTS to Mac playable/editable formats. Here is how.

The JVC Everio Video Recording:

Everio offers Full HD image quality throughout the lineup. You can record native 1920x1080 resolution video regardless of the model you choose. The EX500 Series even offers 1080/60p progressive recording in which each individual frame is a complete, high-resolution picture, allowing capture of blur-less still images from recorded video. JVC GC-PX100B, GZ-VX815B, GZ-E505B, GZ-VX700BUS, etc are all the hot products.

Q&A: Which video editing software is right for you?

I recently bought a JVC Everio HD GZ-EX555B camcorder and I like shooting videos with it in 1080 60p AVCHD, that it doesn't take long to accumulate a lot of footage. Instead of keeping these videos on a memory card or on your computer, I wanna create polished movies and slideshows to show off. And now my question is what editing programs support this type of file?

In fact, FCP, iMovie, FCE, Avid Media Composer are all the popular video editing programs for Mac users. As I considered all the things I can do with these softwares. But now I'm experiencing headaches. AVCHD format is a highly compressed format and it is hard to edit. So in order to use the video editing softwares well, before import the footages to them, I need to convert the AVCHD .mts/.m2ts files to iMovie/FCE/FCP/Avid MC supported formats.

Then I found Brorosft MTS Converter for Mac- it is so great! It is not only professional on transcoding AVCHD videos to FCP/iMovie/FCE/Avid for editing, but also can convert AVCHD videos to common video formats for playing on portable devices and posting on websites. For editing, this powerful tool offers you particular Apple ProRes profiles for Final Cut Pro, AIC for iMovie/FCE, and DNxHD for Avid, so it is easy and convenient for us to use it. What struck me most is that I do not need to download or buy some cumbersome plug-ins, etc., that is too time-consuming, and use it directly, saving a lot of time and effort. For Windows user, MTS Converter is here for you.

Free download the Best JVC Everio Converter:

Image (Note: Click here for OS X 10.5) Image

How to Convert/Edit JVC Everio MTS files on Mac

Step 1: Install and launch this JVC Everio AVCHD MTS Converter on your Mac. Add or drag your AVCHD footages to the converter.

Tip: If you want, you can merge several AVCHD clips by ticking “Merge into one” box.

Step 2: Click on the Format box to select Final Cut Pro > Apple ProRes 422(*.mov) as the output format for FCP. You can also choose iMovie and Final Cut Express-> Apple InterMediate Codec (AIC) (*.mov) for FCE/iMovie, or choose Avid Media Composer -> Avid DNxHD (*.mov) for Avid.

Tip: FCP 6 or earlier version only can support ProRes 422 and ProRes 422(HQ). FCP 7 or above can support Pro Res 422(LT), Pro Res 444Pro and Res 422(Proxy).

Step 3: You can tap "settings" to customize the output parameters, adjust the resolution, bitrate as you want.

Step 4: Click Conversion button to start transcoding JVC Everio AVCHD to Apple ProRes/AIC/DNxHD on Mac OS X.

After the conversion finished, you can click “open” button to find the output file. Then you can import the converted files into FCP/iMovie/Avid MC for editing easily without any problem.

More Related Topics:

JVC GY-HM70U footage Importing Workflow in FCP
Transcode JVC GZ-VX700 AVCHD footages to FCP X for editing
Transfer JVC GC-PX100 AVCHD 1080p videos to FCP X for editing
Import JVC GY-HMQ10 AVCHD clips to FCP 7 for editing
Converting MTS for editing in Final Cut Pro
Using Canon H.264 MOV files in Sony Vegas Pro smoothly
Source:The easy way to Convert/Edit JVC Everio MTS files
jacknjchn
Master Developer
Master Developer

Re: Best JVC Converter-Transcode JVC Everio AVCHD MTS for Ma

Postby lydia622520 » Sat Oct 05, 2013 7:35 am

JVC Everio MTS files and iMovie/FCE/FCP/Avid MC/Premiere Workflow: How to load MTS files from JVC to Mac editing softwares

"Do you have a Mac and the following JVC Everio series videos to play and edit? For many Mac users, they sometimes may come across difficulty when importing M2TS/MTS video files to iMovie/FCP/FCE/Avid MC, especially when importing some raw MTS video files though they have followed the step-by-step instructions from iMovie or Final Cut Pro.

Have got a lot of videos with your JVC Everion camcorder? Find some guide and tips for how to play and edit JVC Everio series cam videos on Mac here (Mountain Lion included) in the following pages.

Image While you are trying, a powerful conversion sofrware called Brorsoft MTS Converter for Mac is worth trying.

Besides transcoding JVC MTS files to various file format like MOV, QuickTime, MKV, AVI, MP4, M4V, WMV, TS, F4V, etc. for playing or sharing, the program also offers native codecs to ensure the best results when editing within iMovie, FCP, Premiere, Avid & more. In the following guide I will show you how to convert JVC MTS files to Mac compatible codecs without quality loss.

Free download the JVC MTS Converter for Mac
Image Image

Convert JVC MTS files on Mac for editing, playback and share

Step 1: Load the original AVCHD videos
Set up the Converter on Mac and run it. Click “Add” button on the main interface to load your MTS recordings from JVC camcorders.

If necessary, you can click the button "Merge into one" to combine several videos into one file.

Step 2: Click format column and choose the output format

You can choose Final Cut Pro -> Apple ProRes 422 (*.mov), this codec is optimized for FCP editing;
You can also choose Avid Media Composer -> Avid DNxHD (*.mov), it's for Avid editing;
For playback, you can choose HD Video -> QuickTime MOV;
For sharing on website like YouTube, you can choose MP4 format for output.

Tips:
1) Click settings button to adjust the output video’s parameters, such as bitrate, resolution, etc.

2) You can edit the JVC MTS videos in this program before converting to other formats on Mac OS. Trim, crop, add watermark or adjust effect as you want.

Step 3: Start converting JVC MTS files on Mac.

This best Mac JVC MTS converter will convert JVC Everio recorded videos on Mac at top speed, you can choose rich formats for output on Mac, and then you can use handycam recorded MTS footages to playback, editing or sharing. If you need to edit JVC AVCHD footage on Windows platform, you can try MTS Converter for Windows. The way to convert JVC MTS files on Windows is almost the same.

Additional Tips >> If you not only wanna convert 1080p/1080i/720p AVCHD/AVCHD Lite/MTS/M2TS footages, but also other common videos including MKV, FLV, F4V, AVI, VOB, MOD, TOD, TiVo, WMV, MOV, 3GP, MPG, etc, please choose Brorsoft Video Converter (available for Windows and Mac users).

More Topics:

What if iMovie won't import MP4 files
Converting MTS for editing in Final Cut Pro
Convert/Import Panasonic HS900/SD900 MTS files to iMovie/FCE
Using Canon H.264 MOV files in Sony Vegas Pro smoothly
Trouble Importing on Canon 7D/60D/70D and Premiere Pro
Transcoding some Canon 5D Mark III footage to MPEG-2 for Vegas Pro
Converting MTS to use in Adobe Premiere Pro on Mac
Source:JVC Everio MTS files and iMovie/FCE/FCP/Avid MC/Premiere Workflow
lydia622520
Master Developer
Master Developer