Why doesn't music visualization work on Jelly Bean?

All your problems with Audio, Video and Images.

Why doesn't music visualization work on Jelly Bean?

Postby MobileVisuals » Tue Aug 20, 2013 5:40 pm

Visualization for external players worked before, but it does not work on Jelly bean. I have played music with external players, like Spotify and Winamp, while debugging the apps. The bytes in the updateVisualizerFFT method are always 0 for external players, when a visualizer is created with 0 as an argument:
new Visualizer(0);

This results in no visualization, since there is no signal to use for visualization. Do you know why this happens and how this can be fixed?

It still works for internal players. I mean when the app has its own built in player. The bytes in the updateVisualizerFFT are not 0 then, so the app has something to use for visualization, even when the visualizer is created with 0 as an argument.
MobileVisuals
Junior Developer
Junior Developer

Re: Why doesn't music visualization work on Jelly Bean?

Postby AlfieHam » Tue Aug 27, 2013 6:28 am

Visualization for some external music player doesn't work properly in Jelly beans OS . I use Morphyre Music Visualizer for my Samsung galaxy .
Last edited by AlfieHam on Tue Aug 27, 2013 9:00 am, edited 2 times in total.
AlfieHam
Freshman
Freshman

Postby MobileVisuals » Tue Aug 27, 2013 7:16 am

I see, where did you find information about this? I can not find any info on why visualization for external music player is not supported by Jelly bean.

So Morphyre Music Visualizer does not support external players? It says on their product info that it visualizes "whatever is playing on your Android device". It also says "Some music players apply filters to the music they play, and so do not allow visualizations to react to the sounds they produce".
MobileVisuals
Junior Developer
Junior Developer

Postby AlfieHam » Tue Aug 27, 2013 7:28 am

Morphyre Music Visualizer has features for External player app control. Using Snoop mode or Live Wallpaper mode this app provides visualization for another media player as well.
AlfieHam
Freshman
Freshman

Postby MobileVisuals » Tue Aug 27, 2013 8:28 am

You said that visualization for external music player is not supported by Jelly beans OS. In that case, how can Morphyre provide visualization for other media players with Snoop Mode?

If this is the case, does it mean that visualization for external music player is supported by Jelly beans OS?
MobileVisuals
Junior Developer
Junior Developer

Postby AlfieHam » Tue Aug 27, 2013 8:56 am

MobileVisuals wrote:ISo Morphyre Music Visualizer does not support external players? It says on their product info that it visualizes "whatever is playing on your Android device". It also says "Some music players apply filters to the music they play, and so do not allow visualizations to react to the sounds they produce".

If you have this kind of players you have to disable filters (if possible), You can set up Morphyre to use the Microphone for sound reactivity or simply use any other Music players available for Android.
AlfieHam
Freshman
Freshman

Postby MobileVisuals » Tue Aug 27, 2013 9:53 am

I assume that "Microphone for sound reactivity" does not visualize the music from Spotify or Winamp, if it is played from headphones? I assume that it only visualizes the music when it is played from a loudspeaker?

What do you mean with "simply use any other Music players available for Android"? How can it be simple if I have to disable the filters for each one of them?

My company has developed some music visualizers. I want to fix this problem in my apps, so they can visualize music from other apps. Do you know if I can disable filters for Spotify in the code for my apps?

Or is this something, which the user has to do? I mean, does the user has to go to the Spotify app settings and disable the filters from there?

AlfieHam wrote:
MobileVisuals wrote:ISo Morphyre Music Visualizer does not support external players? It says on their product info that it visualizes "whatever is playing on your Android device". It also says "Some music players apply filters to the music they play, and so do not allow visualizations to react to the sounds they produce".

If you have this kind of players you have to disable filters (if possible), You can set up Morphyre to use the Microphone for sound reactivity or simply use any other Music players available for Android.
MobileVisuals
Junior Developer
Junior Developer

Postby AlfieHam » Tue Aug 27, 2013 10:10 am

There is an intent filter for music files, you have to remove that filter from the Spotify Android app.
Last edited by AlfieHam on Thu Aug 29, 2013 6:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
AlfieHam
Freshman
Freshman

Postby MobileVisuals » Tue Aug 27, 2013 10:27 am

I assume that this is not something that I can do from the code in my own app? I assume that I have to go to the settings for the Spotify Android app to do that?

AlfieHam wrote:There is an intent filter for music files, you have to remove that filter from the Spotify Android app.
MobileVisuals
Junior Developer
Junior Developer

Postby AlfieHam » Tue Aug 27, 2013 10:45 am

Yes. I am not an expert , So I can't help you with the code sorry.
AlfieHam
Freshman
Freshman

Postby MobileVisuals » Tue Aug 27, 2013 11:45 am

Thanks for the info anyway!
MobileVisuals
Junior Developer
Junior Developer

Postby AlfieHam » Tue Aug 27, 2013 11:51 am

You're welcome. :) :)
AlfieHam
Freshman
Freshman

Return to Multimedia Problems