Transfer mts to mov for importing sony handycam avchd to mac

All your problems with Audio, Video and Images.

Transfer mts to mov for importing sony handycam avchd to mac

Postby dancemli » Fri Sep 28, 2012 2:13 am

"How do you upload footage from Sony HandyCam to iMovie?
I'm trying to upload videos from my Sony HandyCam to my Mac OS X iMovie. When I open the iMovie application, I wait to see if it recognizes the camera, but no luck so far. I've been reading some forums, and it's been rumored that the Sony HandyCam isn't supported by the Mac OS X system. Please let me know your suggestions and tips. It's much appreciated. Thanks."

As we know the imovie supported video formats are:
Starting with version 5, iMovie processes high-definition video from HDV camcorders, in later versions also from AVCHD camcorders and H.264-compressed video from MPEG-4 or QuickTime Movie files (.mov)., e.g. as generated by a number of digital photo cameras with HD video recording feature. To facilitate this, iMovie/iLife installs the Apple Intermediate Codec on the system as a QuickTime component. iMovie transcodes HD video upon ingestion using this codec and stores it in the QuickTime file format (.mov).

To import Sony handycam to mac imovie for editing, you can convert sony handycam mts to mov mac, you can learn the steps of convert mts files to mov bellow:

Step 1: Add MTS videos
Launch the Mac MTS to MOV Converter and click the "Add File" button to browse your Mac hard disc and select the MTS videos you want to edit in MOV.

Step 2: Set MOV or HD MOV as the target format
Open the Profile list by clicking the triangle icon to the very right of the Profile field. Choose "Common Video > mov" or "HD Video > mov" as the output format.

Step 3: Convert MTS to MOV on Mac
Press "Start" to begin the conversion from MTS to MOV for QuickTime, iMovie, etc. Just wait for a moment. The state will show you the conversion progress.

After finish, you can import sony handycam to imovie. Related tag: sony hdr to mac.
dancemli
Developer
Developer

Return to Multimedia Problems