Take mts file into fcp or fcpx for editing

All your problems with Audio, Video and Images.

Take mts file into fcp or fcpx for editing

Postby dancemli » Mon Sep 10, 2012 2:15 am

"What can I do to edit MTS videos from my Panasonic TM900 in 1080 60p in FCP X?
I am wondering what to do. I have several macs for editing - one is 10.6.11 and I I think one is 10.7 and I am trying to imput and edit footage into FCPX I have a lot of footages recorded by Panasonic Camera HDC TM900 which has MTS files and I shot on 1080/60P. What do I need to get to both be able to import them to FCP X for editing. Please let me know."

"How do i get my video files from my Handycam into Final Cut?
I'm very new at making videos, but I've been shooting on a Sony Handycam CX150, and I want to edit with Final Cut Pro (v7.0.3). I know I need to convert the .mts files into something that FCP can understand, but what should I use to do that? I tried a free converter (Any Video Converter) and it did convert, but the video came out in slow motion, and didn't sync remotely with the audio. Do i need to do something with the settings? Also, I'm on a Mac Powerbook with OSX v10.6.5."

How to solve these problems?
If you want to edit your mts file with FCP, If the MTS files grey out when you try to import them to FCP, you need to convert them to FCP friendly formats. AVCHD Converter for Mac, can help you converty sony handycam to mac, which can convert M2TS, MTS, etc videos to most popular formats, such as MOV, MP4, AVI, 3GP, FLV, MPEG-4, MP3, etc. And then you can import converted AVCHD MTS or M2TS files to Mac applications, like MTS to iMovie, FCP, FCE, iDVD and more for editing as you like.

Owning this software, everyone can have "highest quality" for their home videos. With it, just a few clicks you could import avchd to final cut pro with great ease.

If you need to edit mts file in final cut pro x, A efficient way to import MTS to Final Cut Pro X is just use the AVCHD Converter for mac. So no matter the AVCHD files are single .MTS files or directly from your camera, you can transfer it to FCPX compatible formats and directly import it to FCPX.
dancemli
Developer
Developer

Return to Multimedia Problems