Streaming Audio

All your problems with Audio, Video and Images.

Streaming Audio

Postby badrisuper » Thu Oct 28, 2010 5:53 am

Hi,
I am very new to android. I am trying for audio streaming. But its throwing prepared error like

" java.io.IOException: Prepare failed.: status=0x1 "

So I tried to download the file into sd card and try to play as a file. But again its throwing same error. Someone please help me out to sort out this problem or any examples available. I am using android 2.1.
badrisuper
Freshman
Freshman

Re: Streaming Audio

Postby srikal88 » Thu Oct 28, 2010 11:57 am

hi super,

Have u checked with the audio format which you are trying to play. It will be better if you can post ur code for details.

Better you try with mediaplayer. You can play the audio file from the raw folder.

MediaPlayer mp=new MediaPlayer(context,R.raw.filename);
mp.start();

Regards.
srikal88
Freshman
Freshman

Postby badrisuper » Fri Oct 29, 2010 12:24 pm

Hi sri,
I am downloading an audio file from some url and i am storing it in sdcard and i am trying to play. This is my task. Actually I am trying to play a streaming audio. But I couldnt do. So now I am trying to download and play audio file after download. But its throwing prepare error.
badrisuper
Freshman
Freshman

Postby Jenny.ross » Fri Oct 29, 2010 10:50 pm

Hi all,
please any one can help me, I want to know my free sapace on both storage card and internal storage .how can I write its code.
Jenny.ross
Freshman
Freshman

Postby kuwamebrown » Fri Dec 24, 2010 7:33 am

Can someone help me out!, I've been strugling for a days trying to figure out how to make a button which able the user to download a file such as mp3 or text, I tried to search in everywhere but failed to succeed, some of the code that I used just let me open a new browser, I want the user to open to be able to download the file inside of my own app. PLease if you have an easy way to do it would you be kind to show me! I would I appreciate your kindness thanks.
kuwamebrown
Junior Developer
Junior Developer

Postby kuwamebrown » Fri Dec 24, 2010 7:42 am

Can someone help me out!, I've been strugling for a days trying to figure out how to make a button which able the user to download a file such as mp3 or text, I tried to search in everywhere but failed to succeed, some of the code that I used just let me open a new browser, I want the user to open to be able to download the file inside of my own app. PLease if you have an easy way to do it would you be kind to show me! I would I appreciate your kindness thanks.
kuwamebrown
Junior Developer
Junior Developer

Return to Multimedia Problems