Smoothly Play Humax PVR Recordings on Mac Media Players

All your problems with Audio, Video and Images.

Smoothly Play Humax PVR Recordings on Mac Media Players

Postby cindyhuan » Fri Apr 19, 2013 10:42 am

"I have a Humax PVR set top box which I record tons of shows with it and I can upload the recordings off it to the PC. The question is how can I play these PVR videos on Windows Media Player, or edit them with Windows Movie Maker?"---Quoted from forums.whirlpool.net.

The follow-up to Humax's much lauded PVR-9200T has been a long time coming, but given the exceptional quality of its first PVR, the company's reluctance to replace it is hardly surprising - if it ain't broke, don't fix it. But after keeping the 9200T on life support with firmware updates and seeing rival manufacturer Topfield snatch its crown with the superb TF5810PVRt, Humax has finally burst back onto the scene with two new models, the 160GB PVR-9150T and top-spec PVR-9300T.

The Humax PVR is kind of fantastic product. It records two channels whilst watching a third. It is very easy to use with an intuitive EPG (electronic programme guide) - simple and fast. You can record loads and loads of TV over the Christmas and New Year period and you can hardly make a dent in the large hard disk capacity.

However, it is a headache for many Mac guys to play the Humax PVR recordings on their Mac media players since the recordings are usually named with .pvr extension, which is not a commonly-used video format and thus would not be easy to play on Media Players.

In order to solve this problem, you'd better get a Mac PVR Software to help so that you can import the PVR to media player for playback.

Recommended program: Doremisoft Video Converter for Mac (Video Converter for Windows).

This kind of PVR converter can help you convert PVR files to most popular video formats such as converting Humax PVR to WMV. By converting PVR to WMV, you can also transfer the PVR videos to Windows media players for easily playback!
cindyhuan
Developer
Developer

Return to Multimedia Problems