Resource Not Found With Existing Image

All your problems with Audio, Video and Images.

Resource Not Found With Existing Image

Postby Metapyziks » Fri Mar 11, 2011 10:22 pm

Ever since I added some more images to my project I get a ResourceNotFoundException when trying to load a Bitmap. I use the IDs supplied by the auto-generated R.java. Loading images worked previously, just not now that I added some more images and now even images that worked before refuse to load.

I have tried refreshing the entire project, and deleting the R.java file so it is regenerated. Is this a recognised issue? Is it something I've done by mistake? I'm using API level 8 in Eclipse (Helios) if that matters.

I apologise if I have broken any rules / if this is the incorrect section, but I am desperate for a solution.

Thank you in advance.
Metapyziks
Freshman
Freshman

Re: Resource Not Found With Existing Image

Postby raj_J2ME » Tue Mar 15, 2011 10:18 am

Hey Welcome to the Android Forums.. :)
The moment, when the same app used to work perfectly fine, how many images/resources were there?
Right away, how many images did you put and how many images are there at the moment?

Are you testing the app on the emulator or the read device?
Thanks with Regards,
Raj - The Kernel
raj_J2ME
Master Developer
Master Developer

Postby Metapyziks » Tue Mar 15, 2011 11:19 pm

I admit I solved the issue but forgot to update this thread with that fact. I took out all my resources, then imported the project again and added them back. I think it was just an Eclipse fart, and I was a bit dumb for not trying that before positing here.

Thank you for your interest anyway.
Metapyziks
Freshman
Freshman

Postby raj_J2ME » Wed Mar 16, 2011 12:40 pm

Hey Metapyziks, thanks for updating the thread and sharing the solution with the community. As you know this can help any of us at any time. BTW this is another way for the issue related to the Eclipse apart from the Cleaning/refreshing the eclipse project.
Thanks with Regards,
Raj - The Kernel
raj_J2ME
Master Developer
Master Developer

Return to Multimedia Problems