Put Panasonic AJ-HPX2000 MXF to Pinnacle Studio for editing
"For some years I have produced as a hobby railway DVD's which I sell at local shows. I film trains all over the UK, USA/Canada and mainland Europe and the new camera was purchased to enable me to get into HD quality production. I recently purchased a Panasonic AJ-HPX2000 camcorder and as I have always used mini DV film in the past I was not aware that the camera produced files in MXF format which are not recognized by Pinnacle editing software. When I done a search Pavtube product kept coming up, how does this app work with Panasonic AJ-HPX2000 .mxf files? Which apps should I choose and what do I need to get P2 .MXF into Pinnacle Studio 15?"
For converting MXF video into editing friendly format, the best recommendation is Pavtube MXF Converter, which lets you convert convert MXF to MPEG, encode MXF to WMV, transcode MXF to MP4, render MXF to AVI, and more. This is a smart tool specially designed for MXF users to preview and convert MXF recordings to your wanted video and audio formats, so as to smoothly add them into Sony Vegas, Adobe Premiere, Windows Movie Maker, Magix Movie Edit Pro, Ulead DVD MovieFactory, Pinnacle Studio and more other video editing software to do further editing. It naturally support converting MXF recordings shot by a Panasonic P2 camcorders (What is P2?) and Canon XF camcorders.
The guide below shows you how to get P2 .MXF into Pinnacle Studio 15 with the app.
Part I: Transcode MXF to HD AVI – native editing format for Pinnacle Studio
1. Backup Panasonic AJ-HPX2000 camcorder MXF videos from P2 HD card to local HDD with full P2 directory preserved, as both the video and audio are saved separately as .mxf files.
2. Run Pavtube MXF Converter. Click "Add Video" or "Add from folder" icon to load MXF files.
3. Choose "AVI HD Video (*.avi)" as target format from "HD Video" option.
4. Click "Settings" button and enter "Profile Settings" panel to adjust video and audio settings if necessary. Users are free to reset codec, bit rate, frame rate, sample rate, and audio channels.
5. Click the big button "Convert" to start Converting MXF to AVI for Pinnacle Studio.
6. Locate converted P2 recordings (in .AVI format) by clicking on "Open" button.
Part 2: Import converted HD AVI to Pinnacle Studio for editing.
Now your Panasonic AJ-HPX2000 .MXF footage are converted into Pinnacle Studio natively supported format. Launch Pinnacle Studio HD Ultimate 15, and follow "Import" > "IMPORT FROM" > "Other devices" > "the folder stored the converted AVI files" > "Start Import" to get P2 footage into Pinnacle Studio 15.
Personally I am very pleased with the product. As I have only used the product a few times so far it is difficult to give any constructive comments at this stage but all my conversions were done successfully with stunning image quality – I can hardly tell any quality difference.
More about P2 MXF Transcoding solutions :
P2 MXF to AIC MOV for FCE
Convert Panasonic P2 MXF to iMovie
P2 footage importing to Davinci Resolve
P2 MXF files to Avid Media Composer
P2 MXF to AVI/MP4 format for playback
Transcode Panasonic P2 MXF to Quicktime MOV