Problems with video playback in VideoView

All your problems with Audio, Video and Images.

Problems with video playback in VideoView

Postby P1000 » Sat Feb 27, 2010 11:17 pm

Hi,

I am having problems playing back video in my Android app. I am unable to stream my files and I am unable to play them from the device's storage. I always get the error message "Sorry, this video is not valid for streaming to this device." when I try to stream my video from my webserver, and I get the message "Sorry, this video cannot be played." when I try to play it from the device's storage.

The video file is in .mp4 format, and I have read this:
http://developer.android.com/guide/appe ... rmats.html

and believe that my video is formatted properly as an .mp4 according to the link... But I am able to play some .mp4s that other people have generated. So I think the problem may be with my file.

Is there a program that is perferred for converting .flv files to .mp4 files that will ensure compatibility? I am currently developing on a Windows machine, so it would be best if there was a coversion tool available for that platform.

I hope someone can help, because this is a very annoying problem... :( Alternately, is there any way to play an .flv directly?

Thanks!
P1000
Junior Developer
Junior Developer

Postby naresh_t » Tue Mar 09, 2010 7:49 am

Hi you can download MEDIACOPE , which converts most of formats. You can not play flv in android because it don't support flash format
Have a nice day ;)
-Naresh
naresh_t
Freshman
Freshman

Re: Problems with video playback in VideoView

Postby evernn » Tue Nov 22, 2011 4:55 am

convert flv to swf Converter is relly the fantastic one. Using this tool, you can convert Youtube(.flv) video to swf and edit flv files before converting.
convert mts files is the file extension of AVCHD videos, recorded by HD camcorders of Canon, JVC, Panasonic, Sony and other vendors. They are virtually modified MPEG-2 Transport Stream video formats.
MTS to MP4converter is the right avchd mts file software which enables you easily convert mts files to mp4 with high output video quality.
mts to dvd Converter is a powerful mts to dvd software, it can fastly convert mts files to dvd, mp4, avi, wmv, vob, mov, etc.
dvd to ipad Free Tool is a wondeful DVD to iPad application which can convert your DVD contents to Apple iPad compatible MPEG-4 (MP4, M4V), H.264, MOV etc, and other popular file formats like AVI, WMV, MPG, MKV, VOB, 3GP, FLV etc can also be converted so that you can put on your portable devices like iPod, iPhone, iRiver, BlackBerry etc.MKV to XVID Converter set of video conversion functions in one ,not only converter MKV to XVID format, so it`s powerful.
evernn
Senior Developer
Senior Developer

Return to Multimedia Problems