Problem with sound aplication - optimizing

All your problems with Audio, Video and Images.

Problem with sound aplication - optimizing

Postby Waphomet » Mon Feb 15, 2010 11:16 pm

Hi everybody, I've been sarching in this forum (and google) trying to find something helpful but I had no luck, so I hope someone here could help me... cause I'm completly new in Android world.

I'm trying to make a simple "Piano -like" app, so I can press a button and a sound will be playing as long as I'm pressing it. I would also like to record in a text file what buttons I've been presing and how much time (just similar to midi format), so I could reproduce it later.

The question is: what media resource should I use? I should record the "plain sounds" in some kind of music format (one archive for each sound ) and then call them using soundpool? There's no other more optimized option... 'cause I don't like the sound of what I've been thinking of...specially if I want to make a composer mode and deal with time.

Thanks and sorry for my poor English...Greetings from Spain :-) South Europe :-)
Waphomet
Freshman
Freshman

Postby mrco » Wed Feb 17, 2010 10:25 am

I think in your case better to use AudioTrack and own mixer.
mrco
Experienced Developer
Experienced Developer

Postby Waphomet » Wed Feb 17, 2010 12:30 pm

Thanks for your answer Marco, can you explain me, why this solution is better than using soundpool? Perhaps you could give me an example?
Waphomet
Freshman
Freshman

Postby mrco » Wed Feb 17, 2010 1:15 pm

SoundPool has a memory limitation (for example on G1 about 1M), so if you try to play more than 7 seconds sample you got an error.
mrco
Experienced Developer
Experienced Developer

Return to Multimedia Problems