Strict Standards: Non-static method utf_normalizer::nfc() should not be called statically in /www/htdocs/w006661d/anddev/includes/utf/utf_tools.php on line 1781
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 1007: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/utf/utf_tools.php:1781)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 1007: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/utf/utf_tools.php:1781)

Strict Standards: Non-static method utf_normalizer::nfc() should not be called statically in /www/htdocs/w006661d/anddev/includes/utf/utf_tools.php on line 1781

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4362: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/utf/utf_tools.php:1781)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4364: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/utf/utf_tools.php:1781)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4365: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/utf/utf_tools.php:1781)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4366: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/utf/utf_tools.php:1781)
anddev.org • View topic - PNG Textures not loading on HTC desire

PNG Textures not loading on HTC desire

All your problems with Audio, Video and Images.

PNG Textures not loading on HTC desire

Postby MATT1980 » Wed May 19, 2010 5:51 pm

Hi I'm developing a game for android using OpenGL es and have hit a problem:

My game loads fine in the emulator (windows xp and vista from eclipse), it also loads fine on a T-Mobile G2 (HTC Hero) however when I load it on my new HTC Desire none of the textures appear to load correctly (or at all). I'm suspecting the BitmapFactory.decode method although I have no evidence that that is the problem.

All of my textures are power of 2 and JPG textures seem to load (although they don't look great quality) but anything that is GIF or PNG just doesn't load at all except for a 2x2 red square which loads fine and one texture that maps to a 3d object but seems to fill each triangle of the mesh with the nearest colour).

This is my code for loading images:

Code: Select all
      AssetManager am = androidContext.getAssets();
      BufferedInputStream is = null;
      try {
         is = new BufferedInputStream(am.open(fileName));

Bitmap bitmap;

bitmap = BitmapFactory.decodeStream(is);

GLUtils.texImage2D(GL10.GL_TEXTURE_2D, 0, bitmap, 0);
         bitmap.recycle();
      } catch(IOException e) {
         Logger.global.log(Level.SEVERE, e.getLocalizedMessage());
      } finally {
         try {
            is.close();
         } catch(Exception e) {
            // Ignore.
         }
      }

Any help/suggestions on this would be great.
MATT1980
Freshman
Freshman

Re: PNG Textures not loading on HTC desire

Postby Christoph » Wed May 19, 2010 8:38 pm

try 32 bit png's !
Christoph
Developer
Developer

Postby MATT1980 » Wed May 19, 2010 9:56 pm

Thanks Christoph

I'm pretty sure that they are 32 bit but I'll double check
MATT1980
Freshman
Freshman

Postby MATT1980 » Thu May 20, 2010 12:15 pm

My pngs do have a bit depth of 32 bit, as I say it works fine on the emulator (1.5, 1.6, 2.1) and on an HTC Hero. It's only when I deploy to my HTC Desire that it doesn't work.

I'm thinking that it may be the GLUtils.texImage2D(GL10.GL_TEXTURE_2D, 0, bitmap, 0) call as I am not supplying the type or internal format values but letting the system work them out. Do I need to supply values for these parameters and if so what would they be?
MATT1980
Freshman
Freshman

Postby MATT1980 » Fri May 21, 2010 12:12 pm

OK so GLUtils.texImage2D(GL10.GL_TEXTURE_2D, 0, bitmap, 0) doesn't seem to be the problem but I did notice that the EGLConfig is different when debugging on the phone to when it's running on the emulator. I have tried calling setEGLConfigChooser on the GLSurfaceView with a few different values but they either make no difference or crash the phone!

Is there anyone that can help with this please?
MATT1980
Freshman
Freshman

Postby MATT1980 » Fri May 21, 2010 6:05 pm

24 bit pngs render fine btw just with no transparency (which I need) :-(
MATT1980
Freshman
Freshman

Postby MATT1980 » Mon May 24, 2010 4:18 pm

OK I seem to have solved this by setting the texture mode to GL_MODULATE for 2D pngs and GL_REPLACE for mapping to 3D objects. Not sure why this is but at least it works now!
MATT1980
Freshman
Freshman

Return to Multimedia Problems