OpenCore PVPlayerEngine

All your problems with Audio, Video and Images.

OpenCore PVPlayerEngine

Postby sonic » Tue Jul 13, 2010 7:05 am

Hi all:
I want to plug a new media type into opencore. It's difficult to me.I haven't any knowledge about opencore before.
I have read the source and found that PVPlayerEngine::DoQuerySourceFormatType need to return the new media type here,but i have no idea how it does work...and can return my new media type...
Any one can help?

Thanks
sonic
Freshman
Freshman

Re: OpenCore PVPlayerEngine

Postby LINGYI » Tue Jul 20, 2010 9:44 am

PVPlayerEngine::DoQuerySourceFormatType just will call Recognizor's plugins to identify the source media file's mimetype.

"a new media type" ? you mean integrating a new codec into the opencore framework? if so, you could refer to openmax's specifications, 'cause codecs in opencore is wrapped into a component of the pvmf, basing on the OpenMAX's specification.
LINGYI
Freshman
Freshman

Re: OpenCore PVPlayerEngine

Postby sonic » Wed Sep 15, 2010 8:12 am

LINGYI wrote:PVPlayerEngine::DoQuerySourceFormatType just will call Recognizor's plugins to identify the source media file's mimetype.

"a new media type" ? you mean integrating a new codec into the opencore framework? if so, you could refer to openmax's specifications, 'cause codecs in opencore is wrapped into a component of the pvmf, basing on the OpenMAX's specification.

Thanks.
I've already support avi playing back by using the fileformat class under the [/fileformats/avi],but it just
supports YUV,RGB video and PCM audio. ..So it doesn't make any sense...

Could anybody support a avi parser class?

Thanks very much.

mail:sonicafk@gmail.com
sonic
Freshman
Freshman

Return to Multimedia Problems