Learn about AVCHD and the way to convert AVCHD mts/m2ts

All your problems with Audio, Video and Images.

Learn about AVCHD and the way to convert AVCHD mts/m2ts

Postby lucasjacbo » Wed Apr 17, 2013 10:48 am

Certainly one of the advantages of the AVCHD format would be the capability to burn higher definition video to a common DVD disc. That DVD disc can then be played within a Blu-ray disc player, permitting you to view your higher definition video on an HDTV. So even though you do not personal a Blu-ray disc burner, it is possible to nevertheless play back your higher definition property motion pictures on a Blu-ray disc player (or perhaps a Sony PlayStation three).

But AVCHD mts/m2ts file is just not compatible with the majority of video editing application and video player.

"Having had a Sony Sr1 the previous 9 months I rushed out and got ilife 08 to ensure that I can use my video camera. However I've not located a strategy to import old .m2ts video files that i've moved off the camera. I am puzzled why imove 08 won't import the files from a challenging drive but will import them in the camera."

In fact, There's also no strategy to import single .mts files that you just have previously transferred in the camera for your laptop unless you might have utilised the Archive strategy which saves the entire file structure on the camera onto your laptop. That is very cumbersome since it does not let you to organise the AVHCD files how you wish to (eg by year or by occasion).

In case you have large amount of single .mts/.m2ts file in your laptop, how are you able to import them into iMovie for editing?

Doremisoft AVCHD converter for mac can be a video converting application which will help you convert the .mts and .m2ts file into other format like MOV, AVI, WMV, MP4, and so on. To edit in imovie it is possible to convert avchd to mp4 mac, convert avchd video to mov.

Other reading:
Sony PMW F55 review and how to convert xavc format to MP4/FLV/AVI/MOV
Review of Sony PMW F5 CineAlta Cinema Camera and way to convert PMW F5 XAVC with XAVC Converter
The best way to convert XAVC with XAVC Converter
How to convert XAVC to MP4/FLV/MOV/AVI
Easily convert XAVC to MP4/FLV/MOV/AVI
Convert Sony PMW F5 CineAlta Cinema Camera XAVC to MP4/FLV/MOV/AVI
lucasjacbo
Junior Developer
Junior Developer

Return to Multimedia Problems