Is there any SIP stack for android?

All your problems with Audio, Video and Images.

Is there any SIP stack for android?

Postby hebbalhrk » Wed Jul 02, 2008 1:41 pm

Any SIP stack for android?... does android support VOIP calls?
hebbalhrk
Developer
Developer

Postby andy_n » Tue Jul 08, 2008 3:14 pm

Android doesn't support SIP natively. The only way to run sip-based applications is to use an external sip stack. the only stack that I know is available under:

I'm currently working with this stack and I've got some problems.... :-(

If you (or anybody other) are goint to work with it or you already do please contact me and tell me if it works fine or if you also have problems.
andy_n
Freshman
Freshman

Postby andy_n » Tue Jul 08, 2008 3:17 pm

here's the link. There's a very strange spam filter built-in...... (reading captcha, reading java code and write answer, having posted at least one post to be able to post a link.....). do you fear spam that much???

[url=[url=http://www.hsc.com/resourceCenter/resource.aspx]http://www.hsc.com/resourceCenter/resource.aspx[/url] ]
andy_n
Freshman
Freshman

Postby andy_n » Tue Jul 08, 2008 4:32 pm

ok, the demo application seems to work. I'm now able to make calls.

After I created the .apk file by myself.....if you've got any problems, first create the apk file by your own. There seems to be some "mistakes" in it...
andy_n
Freshman
Freshman

Postby plusminus » Tue Jul 08, 2008 9:49 pm

andy_n wrote:here's the link. There's a very strange spam filter built-in...... (reading captcha, reading java code and write answer, having posted at least one post to be able to post a link.....). do you fear spam that much???

http://www.hsc.com/resourceCenter/resource.aspx

Just today 70 Spam-Registrations were blocked!
From time to time bots (probably people) make it through and start spamming every single forum with about 10 spam posts :!:

Having all the filters you mentioned we could reduce the bot-count to an amount that can be handled by one person (+ mods) in pretty less time :)

Anyway I'm sorry for the inconveniences..

Regards,
plusminus
Image | Android Development Community / Tutorials
plusminus
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby andy_n » Tue Jul 08, 2008 10:41 pm

plusminus wrote:
Just today 70 Spam-Registrations were blocked!
From time to time bots (probably people) make it through and start spamming every single forum with about 10 spam posts :!:

Having all the filters you mentioned we could reduce the bot-count to an amount that can be handled by one person (+ mods) in pretty less time :)

Oh, I didn't know that spambots are spamming forums that heavily...I just thought that one filter might be enough. But I rather read one line code than ten spam posts ;-)
andy_n
Freshman
Freshman

Postby NewOne » Mon Oct 13, 2008 10:00 am

andy_n wrote:ok, the demo application seems to work. I'm now able to make calls.

After I created the .apk file by myself.....if you've got any problems, first create the apk file by your own. There seems to be some "mistakes" in it...

Hi Andy_n,
I want to run this SIPUA.Could you help me?

How to crate a apk file by our self? I just find the aapt... but I don't know how to do it for detail.

I find binSipUA.apk in the fist time if you don't run emulator.When I execute run, this file will be deleted.And there are 100 error that seems miss "import javax.sound.sampled.AudioFormat" failed.

Thanks,
NewOne
NewOne
Freshman
Freshman

Postby andy_n » Mon Oct 13, 2008 12:03 pm

Hi NewOne,

long ago when I worked with the SIP sack. I also had some problems when directly running the .apk file which is in one of the directories. If you create a new project and run the project from Eclipse, this might help. But if I understand you correctly, you already did that. I think that deleting the .apk-file after clicking the run button is common because this file is rebuild and to save it with the same name, the old version needs to be deleted.

However the error....I don't really know. Which SDK version are you using? Maybe there's a conflict...
(I used m5-rc15)
I also had some problems at the beginning, but these were caused by authentication problems or something like that. The generation of the apk file didn't make any problems.
andy_n
Freshman
Freshman

Postby andy_n » Mon Oct 13, 2008 12:07 pm

Hi NewOne,

I think I have found the problem:

javax.sound isn't any longer part of the SDK. It has been removed in version 0.9.

I haven't run the user agent on any new versions so I can't confirm that.
andy_n
Freshman
Freshman

Postby NewOne » Tue Oct 14, 2008 4:06 am

andy_n wrote:Hi NewOne,

I think I have found the problem:

javax.sound isn't any longer part of the SDK. It has been removed in version 0.9.

I haven't run the user agent on any new versions so I can't confirm that.

Hi andy_n,
I try m5_rc15 .It can run and there is no javax.sound error.
Thanks,
NewOne
NewOne
Freshman
Freshman

Postby friedger » Fri Nov 21, 2008 1:01 pm

I updated the code to make it partly work in sdk 1.0. The audio stuff is still missing. I managed to initiate a phone call, but no audio, etc. Anywhere I can post the code to?

The client does not appear at the sip server (sipgate.de) Maybe it is the client... No clue yet.

There are two other interesting sip projects:

1.) jain sip on top of android
http://groups.google.com/group/mobicent ... d874083d49
code available at
http://code.google.com/p/mobicents/downloads/list

2.) sc-android - SipCommunicator
https://sc-android.dev.java.net

I think there is enough code to get something nice...
Has anyone tried anything on a G1?

I am not sure about the port numbers when NOT using the emulator. I am connected to WLAN, the WLAN router is a Fritz!Box and it also connects to the a sip server. How do I get the reply address for the sip client on my G1?

Friedger
friedger
Junior Developer
Junior Developer

Return to Multimedia Problems