Ip camera streaming problem with lockCanvas in Android 1.6

All your problems with Audio, Video and Images.

Ip camera streaming problem with lockCanvas in Android 1.6

Postby amitku » Fri Apr 15, 2011 1:36 pm

Hi all,
I am working with android 1.6 and I was stuck last few weeks having a little problem but great value with IP Camera video streaming. I am explaining details here. I am drawing 4 camera stream into a single surface. I am using
Code: Select all
mSurfaceHolder.lockCanvas(dirtyRectangle);
method for 4 areas in the single surfaceview for sefarately
modifying the 4 areas with 4 camera stream. Here lockCanvas() method with dirtyRectangle will only modify the area with specified rectangle. And lockCanvas() without any param will draw the 4 camera sequentially which is bad and does not need here. My problem with lockCanvas(dirtyRectangle) is when there is less than 4 camera then the empty area is drawn with other stream having full screen of the stream image. This is causing because this method preserves the previous draw.
For this problem I can't even thumbnailing the view perfectly, thumbnails are flickering. I have tried in different ways I can't get ride of this problem. Any one please help me :x
amitku
Junior Developer
Junior Developer

Re: Ip camera streaming problem with lockCanvas in Android 1

Postby amitku » Wed Apr 27, 2011 8:50 am

I am drawing the empty area with blank image having small text to solve leak area but flickering problem is still happening.
amitku
Junior Developer
Junior Developer

Re: Ip camera streaming problem with lockCanvas in Android 1

Postby Pankaz » Tue Jun 21, 2011 6:41 pm

Hi Amit,

I'm currently trying to implement an IP cam viewer on android 2.2. Can you suggest me how to do it? Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks.
Pankaz
Once Poster
Once Poster

Return to Multimedia Problems