In one in all those fantastically cleansing agent twists

All your problems with Audio, Video and Images.

Postby Ever47 » Tue Oct 02, 2012 2:02 pm

In one in all those fantastically cleansing agent twists, it transpires that Ghost Nanny, having taken a leaf from Antonia’s ancient book,Sons of Anarchy Season 5 Episode 4 That's also the subtext of the Jessica/Jason affair, which is beautifully handled. They both feel bad about betraying Hoyt, but Jason's guilt is blended with a need to forget, to avoid seeing himself as a man-whore, and that desire to escape his own actions hurts Jessica. First, Jason suggests that it was only her blood that made him want her (rejection), and then he Sons of Anarchy Season 5 Episode 4 begs her to erase their night together (double rejection.) Jessica's reminder that she can't forget what happened, that no one can glamour her, points out yet another consequence of being immortal. Her anger and hurt lead her to embrace her violent side. Forget the human stuff, Sons of Anarchy Season 5 Episode 4 now she just wants to feed. That dramatic change feels utterly supported by what happened in the back of Jason's truck.
Sons of Anarchy Season 5 Episode 4 How interesting, too, that Jason bounced back so quickly from getting raped in Hotshot, but he's being eaten alive by the guilt of what happened with Jessica. I don't love that Hotshot has been forgotten -- Sons of Anarchy Season 5 Episode 4 I've made that clear -- but I do appreciate seeing Jason have to deal with something. As with Sookie, consequences make the stories matter.
Sons of Anarchy Season 5 Episode 4 Speaking of consequences, let's go back to the Tolerance Rally. Nan sends out glamouring squads to make people forget what happened -- which means that little girl weeping over her dead mother is probably a confused orphan now -- and she also stakes a zombie vampire with a pencil. Sons of Anarchy Season 5 Episode 4 She's a badass, but will she survive the season? She's clinging so fiercely to a dishonest life of spin and manipulation that she could be a prime candidate for death as the other characters take control of their Sons of Anarchy Season 5 Episode 4 own destinies again.
Sons of Anarchy Season 5 Episode 4 Meanwhile, the Tolerance bloodshed reveals something that we've been speculating about for a while: Marnie is the one who loves the violence and power, while Antonia is starting to feel Sons of Anarchy Season 5 Episode 4 guiltThat schism gets clarified a few scenes later when Antonia leaves Marnie's body and they have a little chat. I love that Antonia is the one who wants to be a healer and Marnie's the one who insists that neither people nor vampires deserve pity. It reminds me of Marnie's line from a few weeks ago, Sons of Anarchy Season 5 Episode 4 when she asked to be left alone with the dead in MoonGoddess. She's been broken by life, and that can make someone dangerous.
Sons of Anarchy Season 5 Episode 4 Yet I feel sympathy for her, you know? That's partly because of Fiona Shaw's performance and partly because of the scene Marnie has with Jesus later in the episode, where she explains that Antonia's spirit is making her feel powerful for the first time. If you've been rejected and abused for your entire life, Sons of Anarchy Season 5 Episode 4 then of course that would feel good. It doesn't mean you have to start killing folks, but it does mean you're easier to understand when you do. Top marks to this entire storyline for giving Marnie, Antonia and Jesus so many new Sons of Anarchy Season 5 Episode 4 dimensions in so little time. (I was struck that Jesus turned into a demon as he forced his way through Martonia's MoonGoddess force field. He has the potential to be just as evil as Marnie, but he's choosing another path. For now.)
Ever47
Master Developer
Master Developer

Return to Multimedia Problems