Import MXF to iMovie for editing and Free Burn iMovie projects to DVD on Mac
MXF files are often produced by high-end cameras and camcorders, like canon XF series, etc. you may have got a camcorder that record MXF videos. We often edit recorded videos in iMovie or FCP on Mac, now you may have the need to import MXF to iMovie on Mac for editing, but you may encounter some problems. As we know, MXF files are not supported by many editing software and portable devices, like iMovie, final cut pro x, Adobe Premiere, etc.
Canon, Panasonic and Sony has produced many professional camcorders, such as Canon XF series, include XF305, XF300, XF105, XF100, etc, and Panasonic P2 series, and Sony XDCAM series. These professional camcorders can help us record vivid images. You may have used camcorders to record many high-definition footages which are in MXF video format, this video format is good for record videos, but it's not compatible with many editing software, such as iMovie on Mac. You may have the need to import MXF to iMovie for editing, but the iMovie doesn't support MXF files directly. So follow the steps below to transcode MXF to iMovie best compatible format and then edit in iMovie or burn to DVD on Mac.
Part 1: How to import MXF files to iMovie?
You need a MXF Converter to convert MXF to iMovie supported video format, iMovie best video format is Apple Intermediate Codec (AIC) MOV format, so it's great choice to transcode MXF to iMovie AIC MOV format, you can follow the guide below.
1. Download Pavtube MXF Converter for Mac, this software supports MXF conversion well; you can choose many formats for output.
2. Install and launch the MXF to iMovie converter.
3. Click "Format" bar to choose best output format. For editing MXF files in iMovie on Mac OS, you can click and choose "iMovie > Apple Intermediate Codec (*.mov)".
4. You can click settings button to adjust output parameters.
5. Click "Convert" button to start. Pavtube MXF Converter for Mac will help you convert MXF to AIC MOV for editing iMovie easily. Then you can use the converted MXF files in iMovie on Mac as you want.
Part 2: Burn iMovie projects to DVD on Mac
HOOOT News! Buy Pavtube MXF Converter for Mac, you can Free Get DVD Creator for Mac in the Thanksgiving Buy One Get One Free (Nov. 14-DEC.10), please take a look!
Pavtube DVD Creator for Mac adds support for MXF files burning, it can burn single file or folder structure videos, you can burn MXF/iMovie to DVD disc in few steps, just follow it:
1. Install DVD Creator for Mac, connect your DVD Writer and insert a blank DVD. Add your videos into the DVD Creator for Mac
2. Edit movie clip and Customize your DVD menu. You can edit your videos with trim, crop, watermark, effect settings, audio replacing settings features.
3. Preview Created DVD-Video and click burn button to start burning.
Convert Canon XF MXF to iMovie 8/9/11 compatible format
Transcode Panasonic P2 MXF to AIC MOV for iMovie editing
Import/convert Sony XDCAM files to iMovie for editing with AIC codec
Import Panasonic AG-HPX170/HPX171 P2 MXF to iMovie and FCE
Learn More on MXF to Mac Solutions.