Import Canon Vixia R40 AVCHD to Adobe Premiere Pro CS4/CS5/CS6
Summary:In this post, you will learn how to lossless Join Canon Vixia R40 for Adobe Premiere Pro CS4/CS5/CS6, and then you can edit natively.
The Canon VIXIA HF R40 Full HD Camcorder records Full HD 1920 x 1080p video to an internal 8GB flash drive or to an SD/SDHC/SDXC memory card. It also supports Full HD still image capture and the camera is equipped with built-in Wi-Fi for remote operation and live streaming. The HF R40 features a 3.28 megapixel Full HD CMOS image sensor and a DIGIC DV 4 Image Processor. It also employs a genuine Canon HD video lens with 53x Advanced Zoom and SuperRange Optical Image Stabilization with improved Dynamic Image Stabilization.
The VIXIA HF R40 lets you record AVCHD or MP4 files. 1080/60p recording captures twice the amount of information as 60i, and with images captured at a rate of 60 frames per second, diagonal noise is minimized so even fast moving subjects are clearly recorded. 1080/60p recording also means that the still images you extract are high quality as well. The camera supports an improved bit rate of 28Mbps for AVCHD recording, and MP4 files are captured at a bit rate of up to 35Mbps.
How to transfer Canon HF R40 AVCHD files to Adobe Premiere Pro CS6/CS5/CS4 for editing on Mac?
The best video codec and format supported by Adobe Premiere Pro CS6/CS5/CS4 on Mac is:Apple ProRes 422 codec MOV format, or QuickTime MOV format.
So before importing Canon HF R40 AVCHD files to Adobe Premiere Pro CS6/CS5/CS4, you can use Pavtube MTS/M2TS Converter for Mac to transcode Canon HF R40 AVCHD to MOV for Premiere Pro CS6/CS5/CS4, and then you can edit smoothly. Now please follow the steps below to know detail conversion steps.
1. Download and install Mac Canon Vixia MTS Converter. It's an excellent software which can convert Canon HF R40 AVCHD to MOV for Adobe Premiere Pro CS6/CS5/CS4 on Mac 10.8, more output formats are also supported, such as MOV, AVI, etc.
2. Import the Canon HF R40 AVCHD video you want to convert.
3. Click format column to choose the best video format for editing in Adobe Premiere Pro CS6/CS5/CS4 on Mac. Click and choose Apple ProRes 422 MOV for output. You can also choose Adobe Premiere -> MOV for output.
4. You can customize output parameters as you want. Adjust the resolution, bitrate, etc according to your need; you can also keep the parameters as original.
5. After these steps above, click convert button to start converting Canon HF R40 AVCHD to ProRes MOV for Adobe Premiere Pro CS6/CS5/CS4 on Mac. Then you can import your converted media files to Adobe Premiere Pro on Mac for editing.
This Canon AVCHD to Premiere Pro converter will help you convert videos with best quality, and then you can edit Canon HF R40 AVCHD in Adobe Premiere Pro CS6/CS5/CS4 on Mac as you want with no codec problems.
Related Canon AVCHD application in Pavtube Canon Column and MTS column:
Canon AVCHD to FCP
Canon AVCHD to iMovie
Use MXF files in Premiere Pro
Premiere Elements workflow with MTS
You can also try Pavtube DVD Creator product for free, which can easily burn Canon AVCHD to DVD disc/ISO files.
PS. If you have any problem, pls contact with Pavtube Community or Pavtube Facebook, we will answer your questions as soon as possilble.