I'm thinking about making an Eris video out app...Need help!

All your problems with Audio, Video and Images.

I'm thinking about making an Eris video out app...Need help!

Postby BigBadman » Wed Jun 09, 2010 9:14 am

Hi all. Bear with me as I'm new to the dev community for the Android OS.

Basically the story so far is I've got a Droid Eris. I saw that there is a cable available called the Act100 Video Cable by HTC. This cable plugs into the mini usb port of the phone and outputs a composite video and left and right audio signal, yellow red white cables. I have a TV in my car that accepts composite input.

Through some research I've found that the Eris does not support this video out function. A supported phone for example is listed as the HTC Touch Pro 2 on sites where you can buy the cable. I've read in forums where people have mailed HTC about eris video out compatibility and HTC said that it isn't in the software by default but to try and search for an app that enables it. Therefore, the hardware supports it but it simply isn't an option in the software. So I want to make an app that simply enables the feature on the Droid Eris.

This is where my questions start. I've had only limited C++ programming experience so I'm prepared for any learning curve. How difficult do you think it would be to make an app like this? I know of some begginer guides but beyond that where should I begin?
BigBadman
Freshman
Freshman

Return to Multimedia Problems