Strict Standards: Non-static method utf_normalizer::nfc() should not be called statically in /www/htdocs/w006661d/anddev/includes/utf/utf_tools.php on line 1781
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 1007: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/utf/utf_tools.php:1781)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 1007: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/utf/utf_tools.php:1781)

Strict Standards: Non-static method utf_normalizer::nfc() should not be called statically in /www/htdocs/w006661d/anddev/includes/utf/utf_tools.php on line 1781

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4362: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/utf/utf_tools.php:1781)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4364: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/utf/utf_tools.php:1781)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4365: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/utf/utf_tools.php:1781)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4366: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/utf/utf_tools.php:1781)
anddev.org • View topic - how to set the volume of Media Player

how to set the volume of Media Player

All your problems with Audio, Video and Images.

how to set the volume of Media Player

Postby drik_wen » Fri Aug 01, 2008 3:56 am

I want to add two more button to my music player to set the volume up and down..
but I don't know to do it..
is there somebody can help me??
or give me a sample code..
thx in advanced
drik_wen
Freshman
Freshman

Postby Michael T » Sun Sep 28, 2008 4:55 am

MediaPlayer has a method for this:

http://code.google.com/android/referenc ... t,%20float)
Michael T
Freshman
Freshman

Postby kenjkelly » Mon Oct 06, 2008 3:52 am

Maybe I'm missing something but, wouldn't it be great if whoever wrote the docs took a few more seconds to put the range of values for rightvolume and left volume. I find this kind of ommision throughout the docs frustrating.

public void setVolume(float leftVolume, float rightVolume) They specify them as "raw scalar" .
Is it the range of 0-1? or 0-max size of a float? or 0-100? 1-10?

So the question is: What is the range of volume values allowed for MediaPlayer.setVolume(float leftVolume, float rightVolume) ?
kenjkelly
kenjkelly
Freshman
Freshman

Re: how to set the volume of Media Player

Postby splunchy » Sat Jun 04, 2011 2:42 pm

It is 0...1 !

But no idea how to scale it correctly!
splunchy
Freshman
Freshman

Return to Multimedia Problems