Strict Standards: Non-static method utf_normalizer::nfc() should not be called statically in /www/htdocs/w006661d/anddev/includes/utf/utf_tools.php on line 1781
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 1007: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/utf/utf_tools.php:1781)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 1007: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/utf/utf_tools.php:1781)

Strict Standards: Non-static method utf_normalizer::nfc() should not be called statically in /www/htdocs/w006661d/anddev/includes/utf/utf_tools.php on line 1781

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4362: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/utf/utf_tools.php:1781)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4364: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/utf/utf_tools.php:1781)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4365: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/utf/utf_tools.php:1781)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4366: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/utf/utf_tools.php:1781)
anddev.org • View topic - How to Put Camera Taken Picture as Background of App

How to Put Camera Taken Picture as Background of App

All your problems with Audio, Video and Images.

How to Put Camera Taken Picture as Background of App

Postby louisgreen14 » Sat Mar 26, 2011 12:16 am

Hello Guys,

I'm really new to Android and have been trying to create a simple app. This app Has a couple pages and i didn't want to have a standard background for all my Pages.

Is it possible to have a Camera Taken Picture (eg. JPEG....) as the Background of a page? I have edited a couple Pictures so there smaller in size etc... I just don't no how to go about this.

I'm really new so i was wondering do i need to create and Activity for doing this? As it's only Displaying a Picture and not really doing anything? How would i do that? I'm really lost at this point.

Any help would be great. Thanks Cheers

Louis
louisgreen14
Freshman
Freshman

Re: How to Put Camera Taken Picture as Background of App

Postby strider2023 » Fri Apr 01, 2011 8:08 am

Hi Louis,

All you have to do is define your layout

private RelativeLayout mainLayout; //supposing you have the page layout format as relative layout

inside onCreate() {
mainLayout = (RelativeLayout) findViewById (R.id.main_layout);

// after you have decided on which picture to use
mainLayout.setBackground(<image>); //spare me if the function name was wrong :P cannot recall the exact one
}

That should do the trick I guess.
strider2023
Senior Developer
Senior Developer

Return to Multimedia Problems