How to Make FCP 6/7 Support XAVC for Editing

All your problems with Audio, Video and Images.

How to Make FCP 6/7 Support XAVC for Editing

Postby cindyhuan » Sat Apr 27, 2013 9:13 am

Most of us know that Final Cut Pro is kind of professional video editing software run on the Mac. By offering a suite of powerful applications, it allows you to do personal editing on a wide variety of different video projects with feature films included as you like. It is widely used by many Mac users. As for my part, I would like to edit the XAVC videos recorded by the newly-bought Sony PMW-F5/F55 camcorder. But I will encounter problem every time when I am planning to import and edit PMW-f55 footage in FCP. One of my friends told me that the FCP 6/7 were not able to support the new XAVC format, he suggested me using a professional xavc converter mac to help convert xavc to FCP MOV format. The converter he recommended was Doremisoft XAVC converter which is powerful enough to transcode XAVC to Apple ProRes 422 MOV and other popular recording formats like MKV, M4V, AVI, Dix, FLV and more. On the other hand, if you would like to do post production on iMovie, this converter can do the job for you at a fast conversion speed and high quality, enabling you to transfer xavc to imovie without making any mistakes.
Why not join me to see how to use this converter as below.
After downloading the trail version, spend a few minutes to conduct the conversion.
Step 1: Click "add file" to import the XAVC footages to the program.

Step 2: As shown here, we choose "Convert to" > "Final Cut Pro" > "Apple ProRes 422 MOV" as the output format

Step 3: Press "START" to launch the conversion. Wait for couples of minutes, you can get the converted XAVC files and then feel free to edit Sony pmw-f5 XAVC in FCP

If you have any idea on the XAVC, give me your thoughts via Face book and Twitter feeds or the comments below. Appreciated!
cindyhuan
Developer
Developer

Return to Multimedia Problems