How to Import XAVC to Final Cut Pro 7/X?

All your problems with Audio, Video and Images.

How to Import XAVC to Final Cut Pro 7/X?

Postby 99sanni » Sat Jun 01, 2013 7:41 am

"I have recorded some video clips with the Sony F55 professional camcorder, the files are stored in XAVC format and with the resolution of 4096 * 2160, the videos are perfect, however, it seems pretty hard to edit such high definition videos on Mac FCP 7 for I cannot even open the files in the Final Cut Pro 7. I was told that Final Cut Pro X supports the XAVC files, but I do not want to pay that much to update my FCP 7, so, can anyone offer some suggestion to help me import XAVC to FCP 7? Thanks in advance."

XAVC to FCP 7 Converter is a specially designed program to convert XAVC files to other common formats including ProRes MOV for FCP 7/6, with it, you can easily convert your XAVC recordings to ProRes MOV for editing in Final Cut Pro 7 or 6 with no problem. Besides, the converting speed is very fast and the output quality, good.

Free download the XAVC to FCP X Converter below, the paragraphs below will show you how to import XAVC files to FCP 7 /6

Step 1. Import XAVC videos to the Converter
After installing and running the app, press "Add Files"button to import your XAVC recordings to the Converter; or directly drag and drop the files to the Mac software. Batch conversion is supported, you can add many files to the Convert at one time.

Step 2. Choose output format
Hit format icon to select output format.
Optimized presets for Final Cut pro are supplied, you just need to go to Final Cut Pro column to select the one you prefer as output format.

Step 3. Start to convert XAVC to FCP MOV
Finally, press Convert button to start transcoding XAVC files to ProRes MOV for FCP. a bar will show you the status of the conversion once you start the conversion. You can let the converter run on the background and when the conversion is done, you will be directed to open the folder where you saved the converted files, and then you can import them to FCP 7/6 to edit.
99sanni
Developer
Developer

Re: How to Import XAVC to Final Cut Pro 7/X?

Postby Sunderlandgreen » Fri Oct 18, 2013 8:50 am

XAVC and 4K
The new Sony PMW-F55 camera records 4K INTRA-frames at operating points between 240Mbps to 600Mbps within the camera. In order to securely record such high data rate by a cost efficient yet compact media, Sony has newly developed the SxS Pro+ memory card family. The SxS Pro+ memory cards are compatible with all devices that have an SxS card slot, and achieve a sustained recording data up to 1.3Gbps. On a single SxS Pro+ 128GB memory card, the PMW-F55 records up to 50 minutes in 4K/24P or approx. 20 minutes in 4K/60P.

Want to play the 4K XAVC video footage record with your Sony PMW-F55/F5 camera on computer for free, you can convert XAVC to MOV format, which can be viewed on many free media players on computer including QuickTime Player, VLC Media Player, Windows Media Player, RealPlayer, etc.

To convert Sony XAVC PMW-F55 XAVC to MOV, you can download Sony PMW-F55 XAVC to MOV Converter, a powerful but simple to use application specially designed for to convert Sony PMW-F55/F5 XAVC to MOV format, you will then be able to free play XAVC video on Mac with ease. Besides, by converting Sony XAVC to MOV, you can import the generated files to edit with iMovie, Final Cut Pro, Adobe Premiere Pro, Avid Media
Composer or transfer to your portable devices like iPod, iPhone, iPad, PSP, PS3, etc.

How to Convert XAVC to MOV to Playback with QuickTime on Mac OS X?
1.Download and install Sony XAVC to MOV Converter on your computer.
2.Launch the program, click top-left “Import” button to add XAVC files to the application.
3.Click “Profile” drop-down menu, go to “Application” and select “MOV-QuickTime (*.mov)” as the output file format.
4.Carry out the conversion process by hitting right-bottom “Start” button.

Main advantages of MOV format
1.It can be dissected and edited without having to rewrite code.
2.The audio and video component of MOV files are stored on separate tracks and can be manipulated for time and content.
3.Effects of MOV files are housed on their own tracks and allow editors to make different
transitions and add other extracts without ever touching the video track.
4.The file’s text track allows editors to insert items such as subtitles or credits without permanently changing the entire film.
5.It can be easily played by QuickTime player, a program available for free.
Sunderlandgreen
Junior Developer
Junior Developer

Return to Multimedia Problems