How to Get Footage from Canon Legria Video to Mac?

All your problems with Audio, Video and Images.

How to Get Footage from Canon Legria Video to Mac?

Postby 99sanni » Mon Aug 12, 2013 8:55 am

"I've just shot my media final production piece on my dad`s Canon Legria FS21 and have come to try and get the footage onto my mac, but with no luck whatsoever. I have tried the Image Viewer or whatever drivers from the website and they're useless. What can I do?"

"Just noticed that the Canon Legria HF20/HF200 (PAL) is now included in list of supported camcorders for iMovie 11. When the 50i content is previewed in iMovie, it shows the horizontal combing effect. When 25p content is displayed in iMovie, it appears to display properly."

Canon has diverse amazing digital camera line-ups, such as EOS, Vixia, and PowerShot and Legria HF series. Different camcorder models create different file formats. Take Legria HF series as an example: most of them capture shootings as AVCHD file format, take Legria HF G10/ FS21as example, Full HD AVCHD recording, 32GB of internal memory, Dual SDXC card slots, 8.8cm touch-screen LCD, Full manual control.

Canon Legria to Mac Converter enables you to fix all the issues of format incompatibility easily by converting Canon Legria HF G, HF R or HF M AVCHD videos to Mac-friendly formats like MP4 or MOV etc for QuickTime, iMovie, FCPX, iDVD, etc on Mac OS X(Mountain Lion supported).

Canon Legria to Mac is one of the best solutions to help you so far. It works for you by convert Canon Legria AVCHD to Apple ProRes with best quality and quick speed. Then you can import the Apple ProRes MOV format directly to FCP X, 7, 6, iMovie without any problem.

Guides on how to convert Canon Legria HF series AVCHD files on Mac:
1. Load AVCHD file from Canon Legria camcorder into the program
Firstly, upload .mts file from Canon Legria camcorder to Mac via USB cable. Then, click "Add File" to import the AVCHD shooting(s) to the software.
2. Select correct output file format
Supposed you would like to play back the shootings with the QuickTime media player, please directly choose "Common Video"->"MOV-QuickTime", shown as follow:
3. Convert Canon Legria AVCHD to iMovie11/09/08.
Click "Start" button to convert AVCHD files to iMovie11/09/08.
99sanni
Developer
Developer

Return to Multimedia Problems