How to get Avid Media Composer working with Canon DSLR MOV files
Summary: This tutorial shows how to transcode Canon 650D/600D/550D/450D MOV files natively for use in Avid Media Composer with DNxHD codec.
"I have a Canon DSLR camera, its recordings are in H.264 MOV format, now I want to import Canon MOV files to Avid Media Composer for editing, I want to keep the original data of the MOV footage, is there a good way to transcode/rewrap Canon MOV files natively for Avid Media Composer?"
As we know, Canon DSLRs are the best choices of photographers who require end results of the highest quality, who demand superior performance, speed, handling and a fully integrated imaging system. No matter wedding, commercial or landscape, Canon cameras all works great.
If you have used Canon DSLR, maybe 650D/600D/550D/450D, in order to rewrap Canon MOV files to Avid Media Composer, the best way is to change the video codec or format which perfectly supported by Avid software, so you need a Canon MOV to Avid Converter which can convert Canon 650D/600D/550D/450D MOV files natively.
Pavtube HD converter for Mac is a well known professional Canon MOV to Avid Converter which can deal nearly all kinds of MOV videos, it can convert Canon H.264 MOV files to DNxHD codec MOV natively for Avid Media Composer on Mac, and then you can edit Canon 650D/600D/550D/450D MOV files natively in Avid.
Just take a look at the brief guide below.
1. Download Pavtube Canon EOS MOV Converter for Mac, it's an excellent Mac Canon H264 MOV to Avid DNxHD converter. Follow the prompts to install the program. Click "Finish" when the installation is complete, and Pavtube Canon MOV to Avid converter will launch automatically.
2. Click "Add" to load Canon MOV video files or directly drag the files into file list.
3. Click "Format" bar to determine output format. For natively editing in Avid, you are recommended to choose Avid Media Composer -> Avid DNxHD (*.mov), this format is best for native editing.
4. If you would like to customize the video and audio parameters, you can click "settings", adjust the parameters as you want, like Video Codec, aspect ratio, bit rate, frame rate, Audio codec, sampling rate, bit rate, channels.
5. Click "Convert" to start.
Pavtube Canon H264 to Avid converter can help you to convert Canon 650D/600D/550D/450D MOV video to to Avid DNxHD MOV for Avid Media Composer natively for editing. You can read more guides on Pavtube Canon column.
Breaking news: Now Pavtube starts the 2012 Xmas Buy One Get One Free activity, if you buy HD Video Converter for Mac product, you can get free DVD Creator for Mac and Free burn Canon MOV to DVD on Mac. Other products, you can get a high discount up to 40% off, please visit.
Canon Cameras Related Tutorial:
Canon 6D MOV files and Final Cut Pro workflow
Import Canon 7D MOV footages to FCP X and Free burn to DVD on Mac
Convert EOS M H.264 MOV to ProRes for FCP X
Convert Canon 5D Mark III MOV to FCP X with Apple ProRes codec
Import Canon Rebel T4i (EOS 650D) MOV to iMovie
Import Canon Rebel t3i (EOS 600D) footages to Final Cut Pro
Convert Canon EOS 550D T2i video to FCP friendly format