How to enjoy HD MKV videos on Galaxy Note 2
Summary: This tutorial mainly explains you how to put and play all 1080p/720p MKV videos on Samsung Galaxy Note 2 by converting MKV to Galaxy Note MP4 videos.
Samsung Galaxy Note II features a 5.5-inch Super AMOLED screen, a blazing quad-core processor and support for playing HD videos up to 1080p. The 1,280x720-pixel resolution translates into a wide-screen 16:9 aspect ratio rather than the 16:10 aspect ratio of the first Note. That helps it fit right in with more standard graphics and video playback. However, due to the format limitation, sometimes you will find you cannot play MKV files on Galaxy Note 2 or missing audio when enjoying MKV movies on Galaxy Note 2. So how if you want to get these 1080p/720p MKV videos playable on your Galaxy Note 2? Get frustrated? Here you'll find the best solution.
The reason you cannot get MKV videos working on Galaxy Note 2 is simple: the default and downloaded Android Video player on the Note II cannot find a suitable decoder for the codec in the MKV file. To solve these problems, a great method is to convert MKV to Galaxy Note II compatible video formats along with some help from third-party tools. To achieve your goal smoothly, here i will take the all-in-one Pavtube Video Converter as an example to show you how to encode MKV to MP4 for viewing on Galaxy Note 2. The equivalent Mac version is the Galaxy Note 2 Video Converter Mac, which can convert MKV to Galaxy Note 2 on Mac OS X (Include Lion and Mountain Lion). Below is a simple how based on Windows screenshots.
Now Pavtube Video Converter comes with a bundled Streaming Server app (free) that can stream any audio and video files from your PC to Android, Windows and iOS devices, letting you play local video to Android tablets, smartphones, Windows slabs, etc over wireless network.
How to Convert MKV to MP4 for Samsung Galaxy Note 2
1. Download, install and launch the Video Converter for Galaxy Note 2. And then click "Add Video" or "Add from folder" to import your source materials in .mkv format. Besides MKV, you can also load FLV, AVI, WMV, VOB, TiVo, MPG, MOV, etc. files to the program. Batch conversion is supported so that you can add multiple files.
2. Click "Format" bar, you can get the optimized videos for Galaxy Note 2 under Samsung > Samsung Galaxy Note(*.mp4). The output videos could fit on your device perfectly. If you like, you can click "Settings" to change the video encoder, resolution, frame rate, etc. as you wish.
P.S. The supported resolution of Galaxy Note 2 goes up to 1080p, though video playback and most apps never break out of 720p. For watching videos on Galaxy Note 2, 720p with 1500~2500kbps is just all right. I found bitrate higher results in big file size, and lower visible quality loss, and vice versa.
3. In the end, go back to the main interface and click the "Convert" button to start converting MKV to Galaxy Note 2 MP4 videos. Click "Open" to find the result MP4 videos after the conversion and transfer them to your device with ease.
1. If your movie isn't already in one of the Galaxy Note 2 supported formats or it's still on a DVD or a Blu-ray, you can get the Video Converter Ultimate (or the iMedia Converter Mac)which can help you rip Blu-ray/DVD, and convert various formats of 720p/1080p HD videos in MKV, AVI, TiVo, VOB, MPG, MTS, etc. to your Samsung Galaxy Note 2, Galaxy Note 10.1, Galaxy Tab 2 10.1/7.0, Galaxy S3 and other Android os tablets/phones for smoothly playing.
2. Samsung provides a guide to describe the existing data transfer methods that are already available to you. For more information, visit How to Transfer Media to Your Android Phone. What's more, if you have no idea about Galaxy Note 2 file transfer, you can follow How to Sync video/photo/date with Galaxy Note 2 to learn more.
3. If you have any problem, pls contact with email@example.comfirstname.lastname@example.org to get more information. You also can leave a message on Pavtube Community or Pavtube Facebook, we will answer your questions as soon as possilble.
See more video tips abourt Samsung Galaxy Note II:
Rip Blu-ray to Galaxy Note 2
Transfer DVD to Samsung Galaxy Note II
Watch Digital Copy movies on Samsung Galaxy Note 2
Put AVI/DivX/Xvid video to Galaxy Note
Play Flash videos on Samsung Galaxy Note 2
Galaxy Note 2 video playback
Enjoy HD Contents (DVD, Blu-ray, 1080p Videos) on Galaxy Note II
Buy One Get Another Free?! Yes, just join Pavtube's Special Offers to get the promotion.