How to convert AVCHD video to QuickTime Video MOV format

All your problems with Audio, Video and Images.

How to convert AVCHD video to QuickTime Video MOV format

Postby rinleyjoy » Thu Dec 01, 2011 4:35 am

AVCHD is short for “Advanced Video Codec High Definition”, it is the newest HD format to be released for inexpensive HD video production. And AVCHD (AVC-HD, AVC HD) video is recorded by AVCHD camcorder such as Canon VIXIA HG20, Sony HDR-UX5, and Panasonic HDC-SD1 etc using the MPEG-4 AVC/H.264 video compression codec.

As a Sony camcorder user, I want to share my AVCHD video to the SD video formats like AVI, M4V, DivX, XviD, ASF, WMV, MPEG-1, MPEG-2, 3GP, 3GPP, MKV, FLV, SWF, VOB, etc.

So next, I will show you how to convert AVCHD video to QuickTime MOV format

First you need download AVCHD Video Converter, install and run it on your computer. And you will see the friendly interface. And if you are a Mac user, you need HD Converter for Mac.

Step 1: Add AVCHD video.
Click “Add Video” button to add your favorite AVCHD videos you want to convert.

Step 2: Choose the output format.
Click “Profile”, and choose the Output formats as “MOV - QuickTime Video (*.mov)”, and also you can choose other SD video formats.

Step 3: Edit your video.
Click “Effect” button to perfect your video files. You can set the video effect; you can set the play region, set the start time and end time.

Step 4: Start to convert.
Click “Convert” button to start your conversion. A few minutes later, your needed MOV file will be generated. You are supposed to click "Open Folder" to find it.

And if you want to learn more information about HD, you can read this HD Converter Reviews article.
rinleyjoy
Once Poster
Once Poster

Return to Multimedia Problems