Strict Standards: Non-static method utf_normalizer::nfc() should not be called statically in /www/htdocs/w006661d/anddev/includes/utf/utf_tools.php on line 1781
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 1007: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/utf/utf_tools.php:1781)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 1007: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/utf/utf_tools.php:1781)

Strict Standards: Non-static method utf_normalizer::nfc() should not be called statically in /www/htdocs/w006661d/anddev/includes/utf/utf_tools.php on line 1781

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4362: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/utf/utf_tools.php:1781)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4364: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/utf/utf_tools.php:1781)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4365: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/utf/utf_tools.php:1781)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4366: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/utf/utf_tools.php:1781)
anddev.org • View topic - Having trouble getting file path to new photo

Having trouble getting file path to new photo

All your problems with Audio, Video and Images.

Having trouble getting file path to new photo

Postby barney » Wed Jan 13, 2010 8:18 am

Hi,

I am trying to develop an app that will upload an photo to a server as soon as the photo is taken with the default Camera app. So far, I used the intent com.android.camera.NEW_PICTURE, which worked well. However, that intent is supposed to come with the path to the new file. When I call getDataString() on that intent, this is what comes back:

content://media/external/images/media/15

Now, when I try to upload the file that this string points to, I get a null pointer exception.

The photo on the camera is really at the location something like this: /sdcard/DCIM/Camera/2010-01-12 22.58.32.jpg

How can I get a string that points to the jpg file created by the camera app instead of the current string I'm getting which doesn't seem to point to anything?

Thanks a lot in advance,

Barney
barney
Junior Developer
Junior Developer

Return to Multimedia Problems