Fastest way to play responsive audio

All your problems with Audio, Video and Images.

Fastest way to play responsive audio

Postby AmeerE » Fri Apr 16, 2010 6:31 pm

Hello,

I'm trying to develop an app that plays audio when drums are beat. When the user beats a drum, it plays a sound. I need a very responsive player that can play short clips of sound. The player needs to be responsive enough so that if the user decides to wild-out (several drum beats in one second), the player will play each clip of sound on time and without delay or drop clips. I have tried MediaPlayer and SoundPool, but both are not responsive enough. I can out-drum the player with both, meaning i can beat the drums faster than they can play the sounds. There is also "dropped clips" if I beat fast, meaning if I beat 10 times very fast, I won't hear 10 drum beats, maybe 7 or 8. I tried JetPlayer, but it gave me MAJOR headaches. JetPlayer seems to be the solution, but as I queue segments, it will complain if I queue more than 3 (errors pop up in logcat and the players stalls from there). Also, the JetCreator app seems to have a lot of bugs and does not work for a lot of midi files that I choose (will not playback,etc). Any suggestions on how to use JetPlayer to do what I want or other suggestions on how to implement my app? Thanks.
AmeerE
Once Poster
Once Poster

Postby arda » Sun Apr 18, 2010 10:03 am

I have same queue problem on JetPlayer too.After 3 queueJetSegment() method it is ignoring the other queueJetSegment methods and it is not playing.
If someone help us, I will be really appreciated.
Thanks...
arda
Freshman
Freshman

Return to Multimedia Problems