Custom streaming video player

All your problems with Audio, Video and Images.

Custom streaming video player

Postby naththeprince » Fri May 28, 2010 3:09 pm

:) Hi,

I am working on custom video player that has to play the video from http:// url. I have tried hard in different ways finally i made this, i just kept a progressbar and started downloading the video file mp4 actually to a temp folder and update the secondary progress with the downloading info. Finally play the file after downloading it completely. I need a possible solution in such a way that we can start playing the file while downloading, if any one can help or guide me in this aspect.

Waiting for guidelines. Thanks in advance.

Meghanath Ganji
Hyderabad, India
naththeprince
Freshman
Freshman

Re: Custom streaming video player

Postby plusminus » Tue Jun 01, 2010 8:38 pm

I think in Android 2.2 there was streaming capability introduced.

Maybe read the Android 2.2 Platform Highlights.

Regards,
Nicolas
Image | Android Development Community / Tutorials
plusminus
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby naththeprince » Wed Jun 02, 2010 6:23 am

:) Hi,
Thanks for ur reply and i had been analyzing the sdk 2.2 features, besides that my project contains streaming videoplayer for viewing videos from http:// url thats large in size and that has to be worked on all the devices with sdk 1.5 and higher versions. Thats my problem and where i am stucked with, temporarily to make video viewable i had coded to downloaded the file and then play when it is fully downloaded by updating the downloading information on a seekbar secondary progress. when i tried to play the part of file that has been downloaded not yet fully, the mediaplayer prepare is throwing exceptions that status 0 x 1 error. Can any one know the remedy for my attempt.

Please let me know if any one has solution for my attempts. Thanks in advance.

Best Regards,
Meghanath Ganji
naththeprince
Freshman
Freshman

Postby naththeprince » Sun Jun 06, 2010 6:53 am

Hi,
I had nt found a solution, can any one clear my doubt Does the android mediaplayer can play an incomplete video file or not.
If android supports playing an incomplete video file i can move further trying in different ways, as far my trials i think android dont support playing incomplete video file(.dat file).

Please do reply to me if any one got any clear idea on this.

Thanks in advance.

Best Regards,
Meghanath Ganji
naththeprince
Freshman
Freshman

Postby meg@tron » Sun Jun 13, 2010 5:05 am

Hi Meghanath ,
I am new to android . I am trying to develop a video payer which can perform play video files on Internet when being provided with the appropriate URL. But I am unable to achieve it . Can you please help me with code snippets ........

Regards,

Abhijeet
meg@tron
Freshman
Freshman

Postby naththeprince » Fri Jun 18, 2010 6:04 am

Hi Abhijeet,
As per my trials android doesnt support playing streaming videos except if the url is a progressive downloadable thing. This is a big limitation i had ever faced in video u are supposed to face these problems if u are trying to play video from http:// or rtsp:// which are not progressive download. The only remedy i got and finished with is to download the whole file and then play even i tried to download the file simultaneously play the file which is still downloading, no use. Unfortunately android doesnt play broken mp4s and few formats too.......... As per my trials i used this link http://davanum.wordpress.com/2007/12/29 ... mote-urls/ and modified that for my usablity with all custom controls.

Best Regards,
MG
naththeprince
Freshman
Freshman

Return to Multimedia Problems