Convert MP4/M4V/MTS/AVI/MPEG video into iMovie for editing

All your problems with Audio, Video and Images.

Convert MP4/M4V/MTS/AVI/MPEG video into iMovie for editing

Postby lucasjacbo » Mon Apr 01, 2013 3:33 am

iMovie is a proprietary video editing software application sold by Apple Inc. for the Mac and iOS (iPhone, iPad, ipad mini and iPod touch). With iMovie you can edit the photos and video clips and add titles, music, and effects, including basic color correction and video enhancement tools and transitions such as fades and slides. Import video footage to iMovie you can either the FireWire interface on most MiniDV format digital video cameras or the computer's USB port. It can also import video and photo files from a hard drive.

So you can import movie files into iMovie that are stored on your computer or a connected hard disk. These movie files can be in a number of formats, including MPEG-4 and standard (DV) file formats and some .mov file formats.

Let's learn this problem bellow:
I have a memory card from my Sony HD camcorder full of .MTS movies. I did not know that these would not import to iMovie until I tried today. The files are "greyed out." I have spent the last hour or so searching for an affordable .mts -> iMovie compatible converter, but I did not find any product that had positive reviews that I felt I could trust. Can anyone recommend a program. I am willing to pay for a dependable and quality program. Thanks!

Actually, there are lots of video format that iMovie can not imported, and there also have many solutions, doremisoft video converter is one of the solution, you can get this converter to convert any video to iMovie supported video format, like covnert mts to imovie, m4v to imovie, mpeg to imovie, avi to imovie, mp4 to imovie, and so on. If you have a video covnerter, this converter also will help you convert sony xdcam to imovie. You can learn how to convert mts to imoive for editing:

Step 1: After you have install the converter in your mac, launch it, then click the "Add File" button to browse your Mac hard disc and select the MTS videos you want to edit in iMovie.

Step 2: Click the small down arrow at the very right of the "Profile" to open the Profile drop-up list to select iMovie video->iMovie MPEG-4 Movie File.

Step 3: Click on the green Start button on the lower part of the application window to start the conversion of MTS to iMovie.
lucasjacbo
Junior Developer
Junior Developer

Return to Multimedia Problems