computer & internet

All your problems with Audio, Video and Images.

computer & internet

Postby moishalee » Tue Jan 08, 2013 11:31 am

Why is my computer running so slow and how do I fix this? Over the last two days, I have noticed that my computer/internet is running very slow. It takes much more time to load a web page and it often freezes for around a minute. I have tried defragging/cleaning up my hardrive, scanning for viruses and deleting stuff such as history and large files but nothing has worked.
Once Poster

Re: computer & internet

Postby dancemli » Wed Jan 16, 2013 4:34 am

Hi,
I have a set top box which i recorded tons of shows with it. Unfortunately, it is recorded as PVR, but it takes a lot of space.
Is it possible to convert PVR without losing video quality or sound quality to AVI.
Thanks

I have just purchase a set top box that allows me to record tv to a usb stick, recordings are in .pvr format.
Does anyone know of a program that would allow me to convert .pvr to another format?
I have already tried divx converter and it doesn't recognise .pvr files.

"How can I view .pvr files on a Mac?
An iPhone App I work on makes use of .pvr files. Kneed to preview them and also create new .pvr files and look for a script or tool to do so."

PVR file is a video file created by Wintal International PVR devices; contains MPEG-2 video recorded in the PAL/NTSC format; can be copied to a Mac or Windows computer using a USB connection.

So what shoul you do when you want to watch pvr file with your PC or Mac or other application. The solution is simple, you just need to convert the pvr file to other format that supported by other equipment. You can learn the guide on how to convert pvr to avi with doremisoft pvr to avi video converter.

Now you can learn how to convert pvr videos to avi:
Step 1:Import PVR videos to the Video Converter
Before the conversion, you should copy the PVR videos to your computer via a USB cable or an SD card adapter beforehand. After that, load the videos to the Video Converter by clicking "Add File".

Step 2: Hit "Profile" and choose "Common Video"-> "AVI (Xvid)" to set avi as the output video format.

Step 3: Click the big green button and "Start" to convert .pvr to .avi video format.
With this software you also can convert dvr to wmv.
dancemli
Developer
Developer

Return to Multimedia Problems