Canon VIXIA MTS Converter for iMovie- Edit HF M500 AVCHD footages in iMovie smoothly
Summary: Here it mainly shows you an easy way to import Canon VIXIA HF M500 AVCHD MTS files to iMovie for editing smoothly on Mac by transcoding Canon VIXIA MTS to iMovie native format - Apple InterMediate Codec encoded MOV.
The Canon VIXIA HF M500 is is a 1920 x 1080 high def Full HD camcorder. It's great for us to use the Canon Cam to record vivid videos when we travel or spend holidays. This feature-rich model records Full HD 1080p using an AVCHD codec in MTS format. MTS format is not easy to use as it's not well supported by many editing software, such as the iMovie, you may encounter many problems when you want to import Canon VIXIA HF M500b MTS video clips to iMovie for editing, you could not import AVCHD files or these MTS files are not processed smoothly.
In order to edit Canon VIXIA HF M500 recordings in iMovie without crashing problem and avoid rendering, you'd better transcode Canon AVCHD MTS to iMovie native format, say, the Apple InterMediate Codec encoded MOV format(AIC format is best for use in iMovie on Mac platform). This will help you import the file correctly and saving the rendering time. Below, I will throw a quick tutorial up on how to convert Canon VIXIA HF M500 AVCHD MTS to AIC for iMovie.
As you see, we do need some help from a 3rd-party software. If you are insterested in doing this likewise, check out Pavtube's MTS/M2TS Converter, a top Canon Vixia MTS(AVCHD) Converter which is specially designed for Sony, Canon, JVC and Panasonic AVCHD Camcorder/camera owners to convert MTS to AVI, convert M2TS to WMV, convert MTS to MP4, etc. with excellent audio and image quality for using in video editing software and multimedia devices. Now follow the guide below to learn how to import video clips from Canon VIXIA HF M500 to iMovie for editing smoothly on Mac.
Transcode/Ingest Canon VIXIA HF M500 AVCHD MTS files into iMovie for editing smoothly on Mac
1. Free download the Canon Vixia HF M500 Video Converter for Mac, run and load your AVCHD recordings to the program. It’s an excellent Canon Vixia AVCHD converter which can help you convert Canon Vixia recorded files to Final Cut Pro (Apple ProRes), Final Cut Express (AIC), iMovie(AIC), etc.
2. Click the format bar, and move mouse cursor to iMovie and Final Cut Express -> Apple InterMediate Codec (AIC) (*.mov).
Some more helpful features of the Mac Canon Video Converter for iMovie:
Settings- click to set video resolution(1920×1080/1440×1080/1280×720/720×480), bitrate（from 1Mbps to 20Mbps）, frame rate (24p/30p)
Editor (next to "Add" icon)- click to set deinterlace, denoise, mute, volume up, trim, crop, etc.
3. Click "Convert" button to start transcoding Canon VIXIA HF M500 AVCHD MTS files to AIC MOV for iMovie under Mac OS.
After the workflow, you can go to the output folder to find the converted video files. Now you are free to import/edit Canon VIXIA HF M500 AVCHD MTS footages in iMovie under Mac without problems.
1. If you need more solutions for your sony camera and camcorder, you can refer to MTS column on Pavtube website.
2. If you need to convert other videos like DVD, Blu-ray movies, you can try iMedia Converter for Mac, it's an all in one converter on Mac which can convert all the video formats.