Camera preview orientation problem after Froyo update

All your problems with Audio, Video and Images.

Camera preview orientation problem after Froyo update

Postby pwagner » Tue Aug 03, 2010 11:03 am

Hey.

Im currently developing an application which should use some kind of augmented reality. Therefore Im trying to draw an OpenGL cube ore something over a camera preview. Im using code examples of Google and if seperated the OpenGL code works fine. So far so good. But the camera preview shows some strange behavior. If the phone is in vertical position the axes are changed and the image gets stretched to fill the whole screen. In combination with the OpenGL layer the cube which should be renderd is not visible till the rotation changed at least once.
Whereas if the phone is in horizontal position everything works perfectly right.
At least the strangest thing is: If Im running the API examples the camera preview example works for both orinetations althouhg it nevers changes orientation and seems stuck in horizontal.

For Information: This behavior seems to appear in conjunction to an update to Android 2.2 Froyo. The phone Im developing on is a HTC Desire.

I hope anyone can help or give a hint solve the issue or at least confirm the same behavior on the same or other phones maybe updated with Froyo.
pwagner
Freshman
Freshman

Re: Camera preview orientation problem after Froyo update

Postby blundell » Wed Aug 04, 2010 9:05 am

You've answered your own question. It happens when the orientation changes.
If your on Froyo you can use this method to play with the orientation:
Cam orientation
blundell
Master Developer
Master Developer

Re: Camera preview orientation problem after Froyo update

Postby bsegonnes » Thu Oct 07, 2010 11:27 am

Hi,

I'm doing the same thing. Which Google example are you using ? it comes with which SDK ?

I also need Camera + OpenGL over it
Bernard Segonnes

http://bsegonnes.free.fr
bsegonnes
Freshman
Freshman

Return to Multimedia Problems