camera preview doesn't show all

All your problems with Audio, Video and Images.

camera preview doesn't show all

Postby Ennan » Fri Jul 16, 2010 8:54 pm

I'm playing around with some code heavily based on the CameraPreview code. In its stripped down form its just that, but i've added some basic "take a picture" code.

The next step is doing a overaly of a drawing on top of the preview. This also works. The object is to align certain things i want to fotograph with the overlay, and then save the image. (btw: everything is landscape)

The problem is that when I take the picture, there is a certain amount of image on the top and bottom that gets added. The picture is squeezed a bit i guess.

So in the end my question is: how can i see all the pixels in the preview that get added in the picture?

I'm devving against 1.5, so the fancy "getSupportedPreviewSizes" that is in the newest example isn't going to work :(
Ennan
Junior Developer
Junior Developer

Re: camera preview doesn't show all

Postby Ennan » Sun Jul 18, 2010 2:48 pm

Can anyone comment on this? Several pieces of code that are more or less based on the google code have this problem too. Some sort of bleeding, maybe even on purpose so that a picture will reliably get what you see on your screen by giving you a few pixels extra?

I"m shooting in landscape mode (as portrait has some issues on different handsets like the droid/milestone). It doesn't seem to happen in portrait mode.
Ennan
Junior Developer
Junior Developer

Return to Multimedia Problems