Backup Panasonic SDR mod video to mac with mod converter for

All your problems with Audio, Video and Images.

Backup Panasonic SDR mod video to mac with mod converter for

Postby dancemli » Thu Oct 11, 2012 2:26 am

List of Panasonc SDR Camcorders which shoot videos in MOD format:
SDR-S50 (SD/SDHC/SDXC card), SDR-T50P, SDR-T55P (SD/SDHC/SDXC card, internal flash), SDR-H85P (SD/SDHC/SDXC card, hard drive), SDR-S26 (SD/SDHC card), SDR-SW21 (SD/SDHC card), SDR-SW20 (SD/SDHC card);SDR-S7 (SD/SDHC card), SDR-H20 (HDD, SD/SDHC card), SDR-H60 (HDD, SD/SDHC card)

When you try to backup panasonic sdr mod to mac, you will meet some problems, like:
"Problems with a panasonic camcorder and my mac?
ok, i have a digital camcordr from panasonic, its the SDR-SW20. and at school we use ibook g-4's with imovie 6.something on them. i can't download anything onto the ibook because it is school issue and i can't update anything or anything. when i try to upload video from the camcorder onto the computer, it comes in as a .mod file and it won't work with imovie. is there anyway to get it to wrk with imovie?? from what ive heard, it doesn't sound like it...."

Because some Panasonic SDR series camcorder are not compatible with Mac, and most of these Panasonic SDR Camcorders shoot videos in MOD format which is not compatible with Mac. So we should convert Panasonic SDR to mac frist.

Doremisoft MOD converter for mac can seamlessly convert the Panasonic SDR-S and SDR-H MOD files to MOV on Mac for QuickTime, iMovie or FCP. You can learn the steps bellow:

Step 1: Load .mod footage(s) from Panasonic to the Panasonic MOD Converter for Mac
Click "Add File" button to import one or several MOD file(s) to Panasonic Video Converter for Mac.

Step 2: Select the output file format
Click the menu bar of "Profile", you can see kinds of output video formats. If you prefer to play MOD in QuickTime player, choose "Common Video"->"MOV-QuickTime(*.mov)" or "HD Video"->"HD MOV- QuickTime(*.mov)". Wanna edit MOD in iMovie, directly select "iMovie Video" and its corresponding file format.

Step 3: Start the conversion from Panasonic SDR MOD to Mac
Hit "Start" button to launch the conversion. On finishing converting, drag and import the converted Panasonic SDR videos to QuickTime, iMovie or FCP.

Tips:
1. Doremisoft AVCHD Converter for Mac provides you an excellent solution for converting any Canon Vixia MTS or M2TS to Mac iMovie or FCP compatible file formats like H.264 or MOV. With this, you can backup canon vixia avchd to mac.

2. HD video formats like MTS, M2TS, MKV, TOD, and MOD etc. are not supported by Final Cut Pro. So, if you want to edit HD in Final Cut Pro, you will need a third application like Doremisoft Mac HD Video Converter to convert HD to FCP compatible video formats on Mac OS.
dancemli
Developer
Developer

Return to Multimedia Problems