3D Models

All your problems with Audio, Video and Images.

3D Models

Postby burrkie » Fri Feb 05, 2010 4:58 pm

Hi guys,

Ok so what I'm trying to do is get a 3D model drawn. I have a simple pyramid drawn no problem, but when I try to add any more faces to it i get one more face displaying and then nothing! as far as I can tell its not a culling problem because if I remove a face being drawn from the indices and replace it with one thats not being drawn it draws the new face! It appears to draw the first 4 faces and no more!
Also I tried another method of loading the vertices and indices data from 2 .xml files. I exported my model as a .OFF file and created 2 separate .xml files from the data. This method draws nothing on screen at all. and I have check and the data is being loaded correctly and as far as i can tell its just not being drawn as opposed to being drawn off screen, as Ive tried rotating and can still see nothing.
I have also used the md2 loader which works but is extremely slow and would not be possible to use it on a game.

is there any other methods I could use to get a 3d model on screen or does anyone know what the problem is?
Again I have very little knowledge of java and android so sorry if this has been asked before!
"You'd better watch who you're calling a child, Lois. Because if I'm a child, you know what that makes you? A Pedophile. And I'll be damned if I'm gonna be lectured by a pervert." - Peter Griffin
burrkie
Junior Developer
Junior Developer

Postby Terazilla » Sun Feb 07, 2010 9:18 am

I'm having a similar odd problem. Basically, when I generate triangles from my particle system and draw the arrays, it always skips the first two triangles! The third tri gets drawn but sometimes flickers... I've looked at the array values in the debugger but haven't seen anything wrong looking, and triangles after the third seem fine.

Has anyone seen anything like this? I do have the DrawArrays call using a 0 offset.
Terazilla
Junior Developer
Junior Developer

Postby pmws » Sat Feb 13, 2010 12:07 pm

Post the relevant Code. Otherwise its hard to tell what went wrong
pmws
Developer
Developer

Return to Multimedia Problems